Saturday, September 24, 2005

I'm NOT your Mommy!

How I longed to hear that name and hear it directed at me. To have a tiny faced little one looking up at me and calling me Mommy, there would be nothing better. From the moment I discovered that I soon would be delivering this little one the only thing I could hear in my head was Mommy.

Holy freakin' moly! Could someone please tell me what the flock I was thinking? I mean really, there had to be something else going through my head besides THAT. This sweet blissful fantasy, were was it and still I ask where IS it? (it's not coming is it?) I mean if I don't hear Mommy a couple two, three hundred times a day the word isn't uttered once. Mommy this, Mommy that, Mommy Michael won't, Mommy Tyler did, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy! I swear there are times I want to pierce my very own ear drums, just drives three inch nails right into the sides of my head. Then honey comes home and it's babe would you, honey come here, baby I need. NOW along with the nails that are still hanging out of my head I want to go screaming through the street like I'm on fire. These wonderful terms of endearment turn into nothing but horrific echoes in my head like those that would resound in a vacant warehouse. It's amazing how things change when you finally wake up, lol.

When the kids where barely out of toddler status they would walk along with me in the supermarket. As I shopped they would be at my heels, talking and touching everything all the while calling Mommy. On this particular day Michael was with me. He called for my attention and when he did I just looked at him and said "I'm not your Mommy little boy." Mommy," he would say again. "I don't know who you are but I'm not your Mommy." All the while walking a little further away from him. By this time he is about to come unglued and runs to me and I walk a little faster. Finally I stopped and picked him up and when I did he would burst into laughter, like he suddenly knew it was a joke. Although during those few minutes he wasn't really sure, lol! You can only imagine the looks I got in the store that day. I suppose you could look at it as being a little mean but man oh man was it funny.

I have recently tried doing that again with Michael, sadly it's not near as much fun. Now he tells me " come on Mommy" grabs the cart himself and goes on, almost like he doesn't now me, lol!

These days are far and few between but when I feel them coming on I make honey lock up all the hardware.


"You know children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers."

-John J. Plomp

6 Comments:

Blogger Aud*2020 said...

Oh how funny! I was thinking along the same lines yesterday...thinking how I longed to hear "MOMMY!" followed by the pitter-patter of little footsteps running through the house.

Now when I hear "mommy" I know there's a need attached, and when I hear the footsteps, I better be following them!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

It will be over way to soon, believe me. You will one day long to hear Mommy a thousand times a day. They get older and don't want nor need your advice or opinion anymore.

3:17 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Hi, Selena from The Daily Rant, mentioned your blog to me! I have only one Little Princess but there are days that I feel like changing my name so that when she calls me mommy for the five hundredth time, I can nope, that's not me.

Great blog! I will be back to visit again.

4:35 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

That is so funny! My favorite Mommy line is 'Your not a good Mommy' This comes when he gets in trouble or not his way.

I will never get tired of hearing I love you Mommy.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

I was one of those kids "mommy what are you doing" "mommy can I help" "mommy waht are you watching?" I still remember when she finally couldnt take it anymore and said "give me a little space!!!!!" It's funny because she still remembers it too. The other day she was experiencing severe "empty nest" syndrome as my youngest brother left for college and she got so emotional remembering how she just wanted her space and was sick of "mommy" 100 times a day... she said she didn't realize how temporary that moment was. Your post reminded me of that.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

lol- my kids are still in the mommy stages..with my 1 yr old its cute- with my 4 yr old its as you said- i wish i could peirce my own eardrums sometimes!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter