Friday, September 16, 2005

What I want to know is WHY?

From the very first moment we are able to reason I believe the most frequently asked question is, why? For such a small word it demands great explanation at times. However, I do recall as a child the reason I got more often than not was "because I said so." Me being the dutiful daughter that I am I have courageously carried the torch and now THAT is what my kids hear. Well, that and "because I'm the Mommy." That goes for Daddy too...lol!

Now being middle age (yikes could it be?) I'm still asking why for so many things. I find myself in an almost constant quandary of why? "Why would they do this?" "Why is that not done?" "Why are we this or that?" It's never ending. Today I decided to write down some of the why's that go fleeting through my head. So here are some of the things that I want to know, WHY?

Why is it that......

- there is a non-smoking and smoking section, the non-smokers still get the smoke?
- we cry when we're happy?
- our children are the only people we can truly love unconditionally?
- someone needs you the second you sit down?
- men reach their peak at 16 and women at 35 plus. God help me I'm 40 and plugged in!!
- no matter how big the house is people always gather in the kitchen?
- you're always caught at the rail road crossing when you are running late?
- you are never called on when you know the answer and ALWAYS when you don't?
- the sky is blue?
- men are addicted to the remote?
- they make it so the cork can't fit back in?
- they don't realize they needed soap before getting into the shower?
- men slip immediately into a coma after sex and women want to get up and make cookies?
- pretending as a child is considered great imagination but as an adult you are ready for the nut house?
- there are "slim-fit" tampons even manufactured?
- kissing passionately is considered to be more personal then the actual act of sex?
- there is always "stuff" in the silverware tray? Are these utensils NOT clean before going in?
- some animals of the wild mate for life and we can't?
- sleeping hours past so much more quickly than say, working hours?
- we can hear our kids whimper in the night from a dream and not hear a thunderstorm?
- Salmon have to die after they spawn? Glad I'm not a salmon.
- we extend ourselves to strangers and not the people we love?
- the more we know the less we trust?
- women think sex equals love?

The one thing that I really want to know is ...

Why, oh WHY do people store extra toilet paper in places that can NOT be reached from the bowl???


"I am one of the people who love the why of things."

-Catherine II

4 Comments:

Blogger eyes_only4him said...

Hi..I saw your comment over at Vani,s and I wanted to come check you out..

your qeustions are very wonderful..and i would love to know the answers to them too..and I must admit..I keep my TP in the closet in the hallway..WTF??..I know makes no damn sence;)

7:16 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

good questions. particularly the remote addiction problem.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today I am moving my tp from the hall closet to the bathroom at least. So if the door is closed which it usually is they can reach for it without being noticed.

good whys

5:15 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Great post! My sister has a book called "The Big Book of Why"... and there is an answer to why the sky is blue - but do you think I know it now? and why is that when a 3-5 year old asks tons of questions we all go - oh he/she is going to be so smart when they grow up - but when they are teens and question - we think they are a smarta$$?

Have a good one!

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter