Tuesday, September 13, 2005

In case of an emergency

The crisis is New Orleans has caused donation requests to go sky rocketing and my son's school is no different. Every classroom has a donation receptacle of some kind, be it a cup, bucket, box, cubby hole anything that is able to hold the daily givings of the kids.

Every other day or so I make sure Michael has something to put in his classes little cup. One day last week I decided that it may be a good idea to put three or four dollars in the kids back packs just so they would have it if they needed it. I even mentioned it to a girlfriend and told her that if her daughter need money for anything (lunch, etc.) and didn't have it to ask Michael. I tucked the money in a inside pocket of his back pack and told him that it was there in case of an emergency. He came home Friday and as usual I'm ripping through his pack to see what he did all week. I reached up in the pocket to see if the money was still there and it was NOT. I asked Michael were it went and he said "I put it in the cup Mommy." I said "you did?" "Yes, that hurricane, that is an emergency!" I agreed and yes it made me very proud!


"No one has ever become poor by giving."

-Anne Frank

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

What a sweet, thoughtful boy! And what a good mommy you are to always make sure he has enough money. Just in case.

My son is lucky if he gets a peanut butter jelly sandwich! :)

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That a way to go Michael I am so proud of him, he has a tender heart and will make a good husband and father one day.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Melis said...

What a completely touching story! You've obviously done well raising him! :) Pat yourself on the back!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter