Monday, September 12, 2005

Oh Carlo, take me away....

....and hurry! After running the entire week with the kids, spending all day Saturday again running with honey AND the kids, yard work and non-stop on Sunday, I'm ready, I mean READY! Although I no longer really consider myself a drinker there are times when I long for the warm, sweet (not too sweet) embrace of Mr. Carlo Rossi.


Ah, my dear friend. How patiently you wait for these times to come around. Finally, the kids are asleep dreaming sweet dreams, honey is also in la-la land and the house is silent. After a long relaxing shower I put on my favorite gray t-shirt with its big pink felt pig and a pair of boxer shorts. (my version of Victoria's Secret) I tip toe into the kitchen as to NOT disturb anyone and find my dusty friend in the cabinet. I dig out a glass (a real wine glass) and in ceremonious fashion pour a splash of this lovely color of Burgundy. It's look and smell was divine

It seemed a shame to be in the house so I took my glass and headed for the porch. I sat there in a rocking chair enjoying the sounds of the night, with a quiet breeze of late summer. I was amazing to be there alone, just me and my glass of wine. As I sipped my glass I felt warm and relaxed almost able to melt right there, nothing left just a puddle of me. My mind visited places that it hasn't been in a while and although some where sad I completely enjoyed my time there. I'm coming to realize that moments of solitude with it's laughter and tears are very necessary for good mental health.

Beth this one is for you!!

"The wines that one best remembers are not necessarily the finest that one has ever tasted, and the highest quality may fail to delight so much as some far more humble beverage drunk in more favorable surroundings."

-H. Warner Allen


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as i'm sitting in my chair RELAXING after a day of volunteering at the school and running around doing errands - i was thinking of you as Ipoured my first glass- THIS ONE'S FOR YOU VIC!!!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter