Thursday, September 15, 2005

As a secretary I suck!



Receipts, bank statements, tax forms, school stuff you name it and we get it (I could have a lovely poplar tree for the front yard if I put all the papers together that I get each week, it's insane the junk) and of course it all needs to be filed. This is where the trouble begins. It's not as if I don't have a perfectly wonderful work space and desk with a filing cabinet that has ample room. Yet everything still gets stacked on top. Why is that I wonder? (lazy maybe?) Exactly how much easier can it be to stack the stuff on the desk than it would be to just file it where it belongs in the first place? I mean the lousy cabinet is only 6 inches from where the monument of paper is laying. Go Figure! To think that I work in the accounting department of a large company at one time, in accounts payable no less. Scary, huh?

That is not where it stops, it gets better.



Yes, that is in fact the visor of my car. I know the picture alone is enough but come on, be honest I know I am not by myself in this.



My Honey!

He actually is what makes it better. The fact that my visor even looks that way drives him to the very end of his wits along with an extremely large cliff at times. He can't stand it. He thinks my vehicle is like a garbage truck to begin with and naturally I have to argue. (Mom and Salena, quiet because I can heeeaaar you) No, it's not a Land Rover and it's not kept like one, it's also not a "kid free zone" - Period! There is the occasional McDonald's cup, candy wrappers of sorts and even heaven forbid a fry that lost it's way. However, it's definitely not the worst I've had or have seen.

When Mr. Man gets behind the wheel of my car it's always a treat. We are tooling down the road with the radio cranked, talking and the kids in back laughing and carrying on. A very normal outing for us. Then it happens. Oh my, my all the crap that is in the visor vibrates out and lands in his lap. NOW the fun really begins, lol! He starts ranting and raving about how I never put things where they belong. (he has NO room to be opening his mouth) That I just leave important papers in the car for everyone to see. (No, they are strewn all over the desk in the house for everyone to see)

My defense is that first of all it is NOT important stuff. Lets take a look....I see an old phone clip with a dollar behind it, a Sunday school lesson book, my son's car rider number along with Mina's car rider card, a dance certificate, my cell phone, a picture of Michael and me, a voter registration renewal card, (not filled out) some of Mina's art work and a radar detector. (which I need) See, nothing important. Secondly, it's my car and my special filing system, I know right where things are.

After he finishes swerving all over the road trying to cram all the crap back in the visor and whispering sweet nothings under his breath I promise to clean it out upon our arrival home. I do so only so it has the ability to reach the status of chaos once again. As of this day we are only one maybe two trips out of reaching it's usual.


"My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint."

- Erma Bombeck

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vic:

You are something else with the car
but I know that the average family has the same thing going. Kim has a problem with that too. Where does that come from? I keep all my junk in the side pocket on the door. My honey always has something to say as well. I guess they will just have to get over it.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Aisha said...

I feel your pain about filing work. Once it adds up you're almost paralyzed to take care of it. My kitchen can attest to this with all the bills, receipts, to be filed sitting in a growing pile! :)

I like your writing style, I'm going to bookmark you. Thanks for visiting my site.

6:05 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Okay - so I am sorta with you on the car - only for me it's this netting basket like thingy that sits between the two seats in the van...

The bills? HOLY FFA BATMAN - I am so unorganized when it comes to that - I think it's because I have to be organized at work, and I hate filing. I am going to link you - if that's okay.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

Momma of 2...sure I'd be honored!

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ALWAYS REMEMBER YOUR CAR LOOKING LIKE THAT- REMEMBER MINE DOES TOO- THE KIDS ARE A DIFFERNT STORY- MOM WHY IS YOUR CAR ALWAYS A MESS? - BECAUSE I LIVE IN IT- REMEMBER - HAWLING YOU HERE- HAWLING YOU THERE- - VIC MAYBE SHE DID GIVE YOU THAT COFFEE CUP BACK - AND ITS IN YOUR CAR SOMEWHERE!!!!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

lol- love the quote. :)

1:02 PM  
Blogger True Jersey Girl said...

My husband and I are the same way. I am a keeper and he is a thrower-away. How he puts up with my disorganization, I do not know.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter