Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Where's my freakin' cup?

Ugh! So I try to do the right thing. One morning a couple of weeks ago I took the time to find out if the crossing guard chick drank coffee. (took the time, I rolled down the window and asked) Now I just had to remember to bring the stuff.

This particular morning it dawns on me and I tossed a little extra in the coffee maker, unfortunately I don't pass a coffee house on the way to school. She was just going to have to settle for plain old Maxwell House with a shot of 2% and a dash of Splenda. I'm sure she would have much rather had a mocha-jocha something with white chocolate, whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder. That wasn't happening but I digress.

Honey noticed the extra cup and just had to know. I explained what I was doing and he shakes his head in a manner of "oh brother." He said "you really think the babe is going to drink that coffee?" I was like "why YEAH!" He goes on further to say "I'm telling you that as soon as you get out of sight she is going to pour it in the street." Sure, I find out first if she drinks coffee so I could what, poison her? I can see the evening news and it's top story. "Local woman whacks school crossing guard with what we believe to have been tainted coffee." Please! So not only is my husband a hard worker and great provider he is also a paranoid freak of nature. I personally would drink it but he would just as soon dry up and die of dehydration before drinking anything out of an act of kindness.

I pour the steaming beverage into MY own personalized (personalized being the key word here) travel cup from none other than Starbucks. I'm thinking "it big, spill proof and easy for her to use for the morning." As I approached the school entrance I slow down and hand her the coffee. She takes it with a big smile, thanks me and we both go on with our mornings.


Not my cup but a fine example!



This was just about two weeks ago and it is NOW Tuesday. Perhaps she did pour it out. You know what? I could care less. What I do care about is my freakin' cup . I mean it's not Christmas so no need for a gift, it's only the first month of school, crap...I don't even know her name. What would make her think I was giving it to her? Did she not have time to wash it yet? Was it sitting on her kitchen counter and she just keeps forgetting to bring it? Every morning AND afternoon she smiles and waves like I'm her best friend....ugh! (I already have one of those, what I don't have is a travel coffee cup) What I really want to do is stop and ask her for it but I just can't bring myself to do it.

If she does not produce my cup the only thing I can say is this. She had better be providing me with some serious traffic privileges. I don't want to be waiting in any lines for the entire school year and I don't care if there is a Presidential Motorcade coming through....LOL!

My girlfriend said it sounds like an episode of Seinfeld and I think I agree. :):)

"Coffee: creative lighter fluid. "

-Floyd Maxwell (1957-)

7 Comments:

Blogger The Daily Rant said...

Uhhh...is the missing cup the one that I made for you????? Is it??

OK...so does this mean you need another personalized mug??

Couldn't you have given her the black Starbucks travel mug I left at your house?

12:07 AM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

Yes that would be the one! The misc. is mia!!

5:04 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

At least you made a nice gesture. Most people wouldn't do that.

I think you gave yourself good karma. You just might get something better back.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Little Cubby is all ready getting prepped for the Big Leagues.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was real nice of you- BUT i agree with hubby - she probably dumped it out and threw the cup in the trash - sorry daily ranter - next time give her a box of WRAPPED chocalates for christmas- you can't go wrong- she will either eat them or recycle them by giving them as a present to some else -lol i will try to find you a new cup !!!!

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely an episode of Seinfeld! :) I guess you will have to be supplying the styrofoam cups next time--with the lid! heehee :) Great post!

5:44 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

You can't just go out and get another cup...it's a special cup....the one I made for you. My blood, sweat and tears went into that cup. And are you telling me that the black Starbucks cup is also missing?? What about Honey's cup? Is it still around? Ahhhhhhh!!!! Go get that cup BACK from that woman!!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

I think you should stop by and ask her if she would bring the cup back you would love to bring her another cup of coffee. That way you would have your cup and she would have the styrofoam cup. (You know the one that is not environmentally safe)

I am glad to know such a thoughtful friend and if I drank coffee, you tell "honey" I would have drank it AND given you back the cup!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter