Monday, September 19, 2005

My hidden passenger

You would think with gas prices the way they are some of the running might have slowed down. That was a very wrong assumption on my part. Still it's go, go, go and wait, oh yeah GO! Buzzin' around town it is almost a sure thing (I'd bet in Vegas on it) that one of the two is going to be screaming "I have to peeeee." Yes, it could be worse and it has been but lets deal with one body function at a time.

Since the potty training of Michael I've discovered that when the first request is made to go to the bathroom there really isn't any margin left for a second. I better move and it better be fast. I thought "um, why all the running and rushing around?" I rummage through the truck and find a little McDonald's cup under the seat. (thank goodness it's not a kid free zone) I stand Michael up at the door very inconspicuously with me in front of him and have him go in the cup. For him it's been easy. With his little twig (don't tell Daddy I said it was little but he is only six so it's all relative) he is able to use an assortment of containers, soda bottles, gatorade jugs, cups, cartons anything that can hold liquid. However a top is strongly recommended.

Mina is out of diapers and is a completely different story. The margin for a second request is STILL not there but now there is no twig. So I going screaming into Target, Wal-Mart, the super market and gas stations telling her "hold it we are almost there." I burst into the restroom, fly into the stall and plop her down (only after a quick examination of it's cleanliness) to hear only the amount that may have filled a thimble. Oh my word this has got to stop. I'm sure though for someone who has the bladder the size of a peanut there was pressure and it felt emergent, better safe than sorry. I discover the party cup with it's thick plastic engineering and wide mouth it was perfect. I has been tricky as times but hey we Mother's are the best magicians.

My girlfriend Salena has heard about and I think has even been witness to one of these episodes and tells me "oh, I have something for you."


Ta-Dah!!

She told me that on her next visit through she would bring it and THIS is what she brought. I may not look like much but I was so thrilled to get you don't even know. That little gem my friends IS my hidden passanger, I go nowhere without it. Just this past Monday I had to meet my insurance guy out and we decided that Sonic (that drive in fast food place) would be the best place to meet. I'm thinking "sure, take care of some things, get Mina a slushy, great." I pull in and park right in front of him, get out of my car and get in his. I swear I felt like I was in a drug deal that was about to go down. Mina was in our car listening to the radio and reading a book. (not to fear our cars were bumper to bumper so she was NOT unattended and the a/c was blasting) I'm watching as my car door opens and out pop's Mina standing there like she had a birthdefect that only allowed her legs to seperate to the knees. That's right she has got to pee, man oh man!! I get out and ask her if she can wait and already knowing the answer before she answers I start looking for my hidden friend. My vehicle is a Suburban with very dark windows so there was ample room and cover for her need. I assemble the funnel and tell her to HURRY! I screw the top on, get a squirt of hand sanitizer, buckle her back in and go back to the task at hand. My agents asks if everything was alright and I said "yeah, sure it was nothing." We finished up our business, got Mina a slushy and headed for home.

Just another eventful jaunt!

Now, all these episodes take place only when there is no public facility or it is so close that the kid just isn't going to make it. Also, all deposits are made to the appropriate recepticals.

"Always go to the bathroom when you have a chance."

- King George V

4 Comments:

Blogger Christie... said...

I find it very amusing that you were inclined to tell us that you dispose of the deposits in the appropriate receptacles. What a hoot!

8:09 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

LOL...

Mother's new best friend... good advice - 'always go to the bathroom when you have the chance!'

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone should have one of those in the car. We elderly have to get to the bathroom quickly at times as well. Great idea.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

i need to get me one of those! for my kids of course....LOL

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter