Monday, July 04, 2005

"Let Freedom Ring"

I’ve heard people say that the flag is nothing but a piece of material. To me it is much more than that. Not only do I think it is visually beautiful, I love what it represents. Our nations freedom, independence and the lives that where lost fighting for what this country was founded on. When I see a flag waving high against a blue sky it makes me proud to be an American and grateful for the wonderful country in which I live. Sure it is not without it faults, still there is nowhere else I’d rather live and raise my family.


"Freedom will not live beyond our willingness to die”



So I am thankful to the men and women who service this country in our armed forces. For the personal sacrifice and willingness to place their lives on the line to maintain the freedoms that my family and I enjoy.

God HAS blessed American!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, from reading what you care about, you seem like a Democrat (drugs for seniors, better pay for teachers, &c), but I'd be willing to bet anything you voted for Bush because you are such a proud Christian and love 'American' and you have the utter misfortune of living in the armpit of America (New York to Kentucky? Wow.). Your blog is just to presh for words. Really. It made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. And you're right, you are lucky... Someone like me, who has to actually THINK for a living, and WORK for a living, and lives in REALITY instead of a sheltered bubble of domestic bliss, is really unfortunate. Actually, if I lived your life, I'd probably be so desperate to get out that I'd make a blog to justify my own existence, too.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter