Friday, July 01, 2005

Home Improvements

This is one thing that honey and I have done ALWAYS! There has not been one year of our relationship that we weren’t tearing something down or out to replace it with something else. It just seems to be what we do……lol! This house and property are no exception we are STILL re-doing!

It is a little different this time we have the two kids to work with and around. I admit at times it seems more difficult but more often it’s a pleasure. They are both so eager to do and learn. Working with Daddy is the best thing EVER. Just ask either one of them. I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not about how fast we can get something finished. I do become impatient but then catch myself because after all it’s not the structure at all that matters. We are re-doing the building but we are more importantly “building” our family. Unfortunately there are no re-do’s in the child building department of our lives. Their character, confidence, independence and their feeling safe and secure with where they are and what they are doing. Nothing is more important!

I would encourage everyone to stop putting so much emphasis on the dwelling it’s self and start concentrating on its contents…..the people!!!

My kids are and will continue to be the pride and joy of my life. I just told Salena the other day that “they just take my breath.” Meaning their zest for life and wanting to do everything ALL at once. It is amazing to watch.

As you can see Anthony spent yesterday afternoon building his son.

I was standing in the kitchen and looked out the window and this is what I saw….








Of course it CAN NOT be all work and no play. Daddy decided he would show the kids how to do a handstand OR how to get himself in the hospital.......LOL!




So what do you think? Are they ready for the next Olympics?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter