Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Frogmen in action...

Today is the first official day of summer, yay! That means lots of sun and fun around here. What? I don’t know but I’m sure we’ll find something. I spoke to Salena who recently visited a part of the country that is in constant summer. Texas, New Mexico….all desert waste land as she put it and HOT!!! Well, she really said it was like Mars and how she knows this makes me wonder. She has sort of been acting like she is from another plant with this heat. Hmmmm, you never know!!

Talking to her I know I detected panic in her voice. She said “Vick I can FEEL the heat through the window” like there was a nuclear bomb just outside. I really think she thought she would melt or just explode if she stepped out for one second. “I can’t believe it, it’s 114.5 degrees and NOW it’s 116 just ten minutes later.” “I’m telling you I JUST saw Satan.” If you know Salena at all, you can hear her saying this and meaning every word. She was serious and sounded like someone who was on the brink of a heat-induced break down. I do agree that those temperatures are hot and there is no way that I would want to be there either. I’m happy to report that at this very moment she is probably in or very close to a place that is much cooler and GREEN! Thank goodness, I don’t think Eddie would have survived much more…lol!

Here happily it is not that bad. It’s warm and there is some humidity but nothing like the horrific heat my friend just experienced. Besides the kids and I, actually and Daddy too have been spending lots of time swimming here lately. So the heat is really not too bad for us people of leisure. The lake is very close by and we have several friends with beautiful pools and sadly no one to swim in them. They have all opened their places to us to use whether they are home or not…..how great is that? So, if you know me at all you know that I am taking full advantage of the invitation and why not? They offered.

The kids are completely enjoying themselves and are on the verge of becoming little Olympic swimmers. Maybe not Olympic swimmers but they are just has happy to be Frogmen! Man I just love them!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you trying to taunt me with your sparkling blue pool water? What a cruel, cruel joke. As I travel through the hot, barren, West, you show pictures of cool, wet pool!!! I'll get you back, by golly, I swear I will!! Do you have an extra noodle for me?? Love you! Swee

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you trying to taunt me with your sparkling blue pool water? What a cruel, cruel joke. As I travel through the hot, barren, West, you show pictures of cool, wet pool!!! I'll get you back, by golly, I swear I will!! Do you have an extra noodle for me?? Love you! Swee

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter