Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I did NOT just hear, Mommy...

....It's 11:30p, I just checked the kids. Mina? Dead to the world. Michael? Out. Honey and I just finished a movie and are ready for the best part of our day. Hitting the sack. Ah, what a great time to enjoy the peace and quiet of the house, cuddled next to Honey talking and laughing. Well maybe there was a tad more than talking going on.

Totally lost in the moment, I missed them, and I never miss them. Footsteps. Not until I heard, "Mommy" standing just inside our room was I aware we were not alone. (I swear, I felt like I was in a movie) I grab the covers, sat straight up, and tried to get my thoughts together. By this time, Michael is sitting on my side of the bed, "Mommy, I can't sleep!" I'm thinking, "you were just sleeping!" Honey, never moves but says "Come on Buddy, just go back to bed and close your eyes, you'll sleep, I promise." Well, my baby leaves the room crying and heads back to bed. I just can't let that happen. I throw something on, tell Honey to stay right there, do not move, I'll be right back and fly down the hall.

Now, I have one guy that can't sleep and should be and one that probably will be and I don't want to be. Ugh! I tuck Michael back in, snuggled with him a bit, and tried to will him to sleep. He was so tired thank goodness it only took a few minutes but for those few minutes, I could have sworn time stood still.

I sneak out of his room, fly back down the hall and to my dismay all is still. I get back into bed feeling a bit defeated but completely understood. I leaned over, whispered goodnight, kissed him on the cheek and his eyes flew open. I smacked him, called him a punk but boy was I happy. I'm not so convinced that women are the ones that fake it. ;)

AND, I think starting tonight, I'm putting cow bells on the the kids. I just can't take it!!

11 Comments:

Blogger The Daily Rant said...

I look SO forward to the day when they come in and catch you FULL ON in the act!!! You know it's going to happen because you DON'T lock the door, you make LOTS of noise and you DON'T pay attention!!

Oh, how I'm going to laugh. Of course, I'll also foot the bill for your kids therapy since they will be TRAUMATIZED by what they will witness.

It will be worth the money!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

You're too funny. I was thinking, 'does she mean that?' Oh yeah, she does mean 'that'!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

uhm...get a lock on the door. I know, I know - but I think it will be well worth it - AND just think of all the explaining you won't have to do.... otherwise you'll son will be asking Grandma at the most inopportune time how often Grandpa changes her oil - or is that just my nephew?
Maybe that's just my nephew (at the age of 4 - and yes that's what my BIL and SIL called it... don't ask I have no idea) ...

5:28 PM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

Ok, lock the door on a Sunday afternoon, yes, BUT who thinks of such a thing in the middle of the night on a MONDAY?! lol!!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee... I could share my own versions of the same story, but well, ah...they're just a little too graphic ; )

5:54 PM  
Blogger hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Too funny! That happened to us once too. ALl of a sudden, the hubby went still and said "Hey buddy, what'cha doin?" I turned over and there was my oldest when he was 3. That was the end of that moment. Ah, parenthood.

6:18 PM  
Blogger hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Oh, one more comment. My 10 year old can open the lock on our door with just his fingernail! ARGGGG! I just can't trust him completely! I have to yell and threaten him with grounding for the rest of his life if he touches that door!!!!!! So much for privacy!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Yeah. The kids totally need bells. Especially at night. :)

7:55 PM  
Blogger Laney said...

LOL!!

Or the other thing that they do, skulk into your room and stare at you until you are awake! *Shudder*

That creeps me out!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I have a doorknob protector on my door for just such emergencies. LOL.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hmmmm, cowbells on the kids ... that would be amusing !!!
I think a lock, or a chair against the door might be a better solution !!
Funny, though ... been there, been caught there !!
Took some explaining, believe me !!
Have a great weekend.
Take care, Meow

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter