Friday, June 30, 2006

Day Camp!

My kids are off to day camp. Oh! Wait. They LIVE at day camp. Yes, that's right, live. Day camp is our HOUSE! I was so excited and looked so forward to school letting out, so we would have time to just hang out and do nothing. PLEASE! I've decided there is no such thing as nothing.

Granted, we don't have a regularly scheduled program. This camp, is totally fly by the seat of your pants, up for anything. Phone rings, we're gone. We place a call and the exodus is just has fast. For the past two weeks, part of our schedule has been me teaching and the kids attending VBS. Outside of that, it could be anything. We spend LOTS of time at the pool, usually with friends. I mean, so much so that the kids and myself are so dark, people ask where we've been on vacation. We have been on miles of bike rides, spend time at the library at least once a week, fish at the lake, hike through the woods, ride four wheelers, and have as many as three additional kids here at any given time. It's heaven!

My free time seems almost non-existent now but I'm not complaining. I love to see my kids or ANY kid, being just that, a kid. They're hot, sweaty, tanned and tired. Just the way I like to see them all. The little bit of time I do get, (which is usually in the wee hours) I try to use wisely. I've been reading like crazy, just flying through the books. Totally keeping my local used book store in business. I've started an online Bible study that I've been thoroughly enjoying and of course I ALWAYS have time for Honey. He is my prize, my reward for running this camp. He is also the financial backer. I can't begin to say how VERY lucky I feel.

Tomorrow, we have a bike rodeo with the Boy Scouts, I'm sure it will be for miles. Honey looked at me and said, "Boy Scouts, hell....we ARE the Boy Scouts!" Maybe so, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

13 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

Life had alot of happiness to offer, we just ned to feel it. I'm glad you 've been enjoyin' the vacations. You 're blessed with kids, you 're blessed with joy.

*Smiles*

2:13 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

This sounds so great!
Good job, Mom!!

3:56 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

Alright! that's it! I'm sending my kids to the Na Uh! Ya Huh! day camp...three munchkins headed your way! Enjoy!!

; )

8:07 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

That sounds just wonderful, what a terrific mum you are.
Enjoy it all.
Take care, Meow

8:36 PM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

Sounds like you are having a great time! What is the online Bible study you have started? I am interested in checking it out.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Damn. Can I send my kids to your camp? :)

10:52 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

sounds like a great time!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Those days are over for me. Now, it's Teen Day Camp from HELL!

9:30 PM  
Blogger JeepGirl said...

Sounds like your a saint. I pat your back. Its very important to have good parents and people like you guys there for not only your own but for other kids. My hats off to you.
And I hear ya, mine are always sweaty, tan and half clothed. Summer is suppose to be all that. People ask if blonde Norwegians are suppose to be that dark (tan).

8:49 AM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Sounds like SO much fun. I think I will take my cue from you and implement such fun summery things in my kids' future summers....(say that five times fast, LOL)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

sounds like you and the kids are enjoying your summer so far- how cool! if i could, i'd be at the pool everyday myself. :)

6:08 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

That's great that you enjoy your time with your kids so much. That always comes through in your posts, and that's such a special thing. We just got back from vacation and I feel so lucky to have had a week with them all to myself, but now it's back to business.
SIGH

12:43 PM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

my son went to summer camp for the very 1st time today!!! I am glad it was the hubby dropping him off.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter