Monday, May 22, 2006

Here "I" am

Using the letter "I" is certainly not my favorite way to start a sentence. But, here it goes....

I SAID: If you are doing your best, that's all I ask.

I WANT: Exactly what I already have.

I WISH: People were more aware of how their actions and behaviors made others around them feel.

I HATE: Nothing.

I MISS: Not having my childhood home to return to.

I HEAR: The horrible silence of having my family out of the house.

I WONDER: Do people truly care about other people? I'm starting to think the answer is NO!

I REGRET: Any moments of disrespect I ever showed my parents and all the moments of heartache.

I AM NOT: The best I can be.

I DANCE: With my kids on my feet.

I SING: Songs I don't even like.

I CRY: When I'm happy. When I'm overwhelmingly proud of my kids. When I feel hurt.

I AM NOT ALWAYS: Able to find the line. I find myself in the midst of things I don't belong.

I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: Giggles when I tickle my kids.

I WRITE: Grammatically incorrect, so I'm told.

I CONFUSE: Many, I'm sure.

I NEED: Very little.

I SHOULD: Realize I can't save the world.

I START: Seeing people for who they are when I really pay attention.

I FINISH: Everyday grateful.

14 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

'I LIKE' your list!
Reminds me of the speech in Princess Diaries. Do you know which one I mean?

9:08 AM  
Blogger Real Live Lesbian said...

I AM: Proud to know you!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

Renee....I'm sorry, I don't!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

The silence should be ending soon... when does summer vacation begin?

2:00 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

Great post. I have to try and remember this one:

WISH: People were more aware of how their actions and behaviors made others around them feel.

I have a bad habit of saying exactly what's on my mind all the time, and that is not always a good thing. :(

6:22 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

I love your list ... I might have to try that one.
Hope your week is going well.
Take care, Meow

7:20 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

your list is great - you did fantastic!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Lisa M. said...

I: Think this was a great entry!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

Great list. I also am not always able to find the line.

1:10 AM  
Blogger JeepGirl said...

Wow - touching ! I strongly agree with the parents sentence and respect. Man, I wish I gave more as a kid to my parents. I guess its a lesson we all must learn when we become parents ourselves.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I am happy to "know" you!

I might steal this list!

I hope you have a great day :)

10:39 AM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

Not true. People do care! I was just commenting to someone how crazy it is that we ALL care about each other in blogworld. This is a great place to live!

; )

11:45 AM  
Blogger Norman said...

WONDERFUL list!! Wouldn't it be nicer if more people began their "I want/wish/think.." comments like yours?

7:40 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Making me teary eyed!

And your Sunday Funny fit so well with my post today I just had to swipe it! Come and see and laugh!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter