Monday, May 15, 2006

I thought it was beyond me...

An affair. When I took my vows looking into the eyes of my not quite yet husband, I could never have imagined myself committing such an act. I was going to be faithful, "until death do us part."

Yet, I have found myself sneaking around to spend time with another man. It feels strange to say it out loud but some how very liberating. The encounters are brief but very satisfying and I'm extremely grateful for them. How could this have happened? What was I thinking?

He is with me always even when we are not together. I can think of nothing else when we are apart, waiting anxiously to return to him. Even as I lie in bed at night next to the man I married and love dearly, he is very close to me, literally in my hands. His name.....DAN BROWN! Bwhaaaaaa haaaaa!

I finished the Da Vinci Code.....a ridiculously great book and I'm half way through Angels and Demons, which is great also. My girlfriend Salena said the other day, "does Honey mind you having an affair with Danny?" Naturally, I laughed and said, "I don't think so, he hasn't said anything yet." Honey's pretty understanding that way. lol! I swear though, it almost feels like what an affair might be like. Stolen moments, sneaking around, getting up early and staying up until I can't hold my eyes open just to read. Insane.

An affair? I truly don't even see it happening. I am crazy about my guy and will be faithful to him always. There are times I would like nothing better than to be the cause of him drawing his last breath. But, he's mine and for better or worse I will love and support him,"until death do us part."

“Unless you marry intention to action, you end up with only a brief affair."

-Unknown

13 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I really want to read that book. I own it and will get to it. Eventually! :)

5:13 PM  
Blogger Norman said...

His books are like that!!

He's okay looking, but from the pics I've seen you post of your honey - he's got it ALL over Dan Brown!!

Norm

7:10 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

Damn, you had me going.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Ooooh, brilliant book. I have had many affairs with authors ... Dan Brown, James Ptterson, Jonathan Kellerman ... many more. Aren't I a naughty girl.
Take care, Meow

5:18 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I want to read that one too! If I could find some time . .

8:26 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

i have a weak heart, what are you trying to do to me!? lmao

oh man, i read that first line, and had to read it again because i thought i read it wrong....phew.

ok, i'm calmer now..:)

10:03 AM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

ooh-Angels and Demon's is good too? I may just have to read it...

10:58 AM  
Blogger Aisha said...

the first paragraph my mouth was on the floor as I was like NOOO not HER! lol. So you liked it? will you watch the movie opning night? I leave for BRazil openin gnight :( I'm so sad. I might watch the midnight showing on Thursday night when I hope they open it.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Lisa M. said...

I am with Aisha!

I was like, WHAT?

*chuckle*

Cute entry. Loved the book.

12:52 PM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

Now you have me curious. I wasn't going to read this book but now I just might.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I listened to that book on CD on a road trip. Every time the guy read the woman's part he tried his best to speak in a woman's voice. It just made me laugh the whole time. In my mind the woman in the story looked like a man wearing a dress.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I know what you mean. We had a threesome with JK Rowling for a few weeks. We're in withdrawals now when the kids go to bed and we have nothing to read. We've taken to poetry lately.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep good book. When I see the trailers for the movie though I think forrest gump for some reason:-}

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter