Thursday, April 27, 2006

A little extra

Health and beauty aisle is the last stop on my shopping excursion with Mina. This is her favorite place to be in the supermarket. With all the lip color, nail color, hair products, even at five years old, she is in heaven. Unfortunate for her, we are not there for those items, we are there to pick up some feminine products for yours truly.

I get what I need, then toss in the last item. The little pink package that said Panty Liners, then it started.....

Mina: "Mommy, what are these....band aids?"

Me: "Um, well....yeah, I guess you could call them that."
Of course we are standing among at least three other shoppers.

Mina: "Gosh, why are they so BIG?"

Me: "Well, Mommy uses them just in case I need a little extra, ya know?"
Now, I'm convinced these other women are no longer worried about the lip color they were going to buy. They are waiting to see me sweat my way out of this.

Mina: "Extra what? You mean if you fall down and bleed a LOT?"

Me: "Ah, very long pause Um, yeah, in case I fall down and bleed a lot. I don't even have to fall down."

Mina: "REALLY?!"

Me: "Really! Hey Mina, look, they have Barbie tooth paste, cool huh?"

Mina: "Yeah, that is awesome. Mommy, can I get some?"

Me: "Oh MAN....you bet!"

Now the next thing I'm waiting for, is for her to take a spill on her bike, scrape her knee and come out of the bathroom with a panty liner taped to her boo-boo and telling me she needed a little extra.

You can't put a Band-Aid on every boo-boo you've made; some just need time to heal.."

-Unknown

19 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I remember when I was little I asked my mom what those were - and she said they were special napkins.... little did I know how special those would be...

7:33 PM  
Blogger Phain said...

Hysterical! At 7 years old, the questions from her are more persistent...and more along the lines of "just exactly HOW did you get brother in your tummy?" GAH!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

She's funny. Sure you can have Barbie. Anything Barbie you like sweety!!!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

That is hilarious !!! Guess who's gonna have fun explaining things as Mina gets older !!!
Take care, Meow

2:37 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

Boy oh boy that is funny! You made my day!

5:04 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

When my Megan first walked in on me in the bathroom and saw me fumbling with a maxi she asked "What's that?" "A pad." I told her. "What do you do with it?" "Well, it's like a diper for mommy, just in case!" "Cool, man!" and that was it.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

TOO FUNNY! Saved by Barbie once again, yay!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Let me teach you some words I often say to my 6 years old "Honey, I'm just not ready to discuss that with you."

He's good with that.

11:11 AM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Yes my gramma likes to tell the story of how she once used a feminine knapkin for a bandaid...ha ha ha.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

LOL- this reminds me of my 2 year old in the 'potty' with me recently asking me if they were diapers...I was like...Yeah, I guess they are!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOL - this post brought back some great memories of my own (now 14) year old son - he called them airplanes (because they have wings) and we'd find them stuck in all sorts of odd, embarassing places when he was younger! Ahhh Innocence - keep it while you can!

4:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see you talk your way out of that one:-}

7:21 AM  
Blogger JeepGirl said...

Way too funny !!! Oh man, I have the boys asking me what those things are too. Thats even harder since they'll never have to use them. But I pat you on the back, good "change of subject".

7:28 AM  
Blogger Lala's world said...

when I was 5 I decorated our Christmas tree with my much older sister's femine products...right before their boyfriends came over.....nice eh???!!!

I call them b** b** bandaids to my girls.....warped I know but....that's what my sis and mom called them so.....

1:46 AM  
Blogger Laney said...

LOL! My boys asked me one time what the popsicle sticks under the sink were. *roll eyes*

6:20 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

It seems kids like to plan those special talks for when there is a nice big audience. Very funny story.

When I was a kid I always wondered about those signs that say "please don't flush sanitary napkins down the toilet." I thought some people like to wipe with napkins... not sure why, but if you do don't throw them in the toilet please.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Kids, know exactly when and where to ask the right questions. That sure brought back good memories. My daughter would ask me any questions anywhere. But it still was cute, big band aid, huh.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

LOL, thank you for this. I laughed till I had tears in my eyes, lol.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

LOLOLOLOL - I needed that to start my day. How funny! Loo knows what they are b/c I just tell her and since I have no privacy in the bathroom.

Have a great week!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter