Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What's for lunch?

Sitting among four First grade classes in the cafeteria during lunch, is always eventful. However, not always in a bad way. While sitting between a group of students I hear to girls discussing their lunch. After much communication , Gracie turns to me and asks, "Ms. V. what is this made of?" She is pointing to her lunch tray. I'm thinking, "hm, I have no idea what the tray is made of, but I better come up with something and it should be somewhat intelligent. "Meanwhile, she was really asking what the chicken leg she had was made of. I told her, "well, when I was in school, the little legs they served like that where from baby dinosaurs." Her look in response to what I had just told her, said it all. I went on to explain that the CHICKEN leg she was eating, most likely was in fact a chicken leg.

As many things that have change since I was a student have lunch, there are still so many that are still the same.

"Chicken one day, feathers the next"

-Unknown

12 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

LOL - is little Gracie blonde? Very cute.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are mean! :-)

Did you have to chisel your homework on a rock when you were her age?

7:57 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

LOL Dinasaurs huh? I had a third grade teacher who during our lessons on the civil war share her stories about growing up a slave on the plantations. Yeah. We all believed her too. It was only a few years ago I was thinking of her and then it hit me. WAIT A MINUTE!!!! LOL, Adults are so mean when they have fun messing with kids heads :)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

Were you able to keep a straight face? I wouldn't have been.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Lala's world said...

LOL.... I love doing stuff like that to the kids..... one of my daughters couldn't believe I knew the song supercalifragelastlajdfljd

whatever...how the heck do you spell that when I can hardly say it??? you know what I mean right? from Mary Poppins....she didn't know that movie was around when I was a little girl....I was like...how old do you think I am??
this is coming from the girl who's fun birthday party was next week from yesterday's tomorrow fiftyfirty sleeps....huh??

9:52 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I can't believe how easily kids accept the fact that they're eating cute little barnyard animals. I always think they'll be scarred for life if they find out, but they always seem to just kind of shrug and keep eating. If PETA only knew...

1:03 AM  
Blogger Kyra said...

Actually, I think it was just impressive that the school lunch was identifiable! ;)

4:39 AM  
Blogger Christie... said...

Reminds me of Terry and Katie eating lunch one day at a meat and three place. He ordered her chicken and she was eating it and then asked what kind of chicken is this? He said "real" chicken. She said I don't like "real" chicken. LOL

8:00 AM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

I don't know what that is made of...but it tastes like chicken.

10:49 AM  
Blogger truckdriver_sefl said...

School lunch ya gotta love it.......not!!

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby dinosaurs! Love it! :-)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

At least it was chicken... I'd hate to explain what bologna is made of. :p

When I was a kid we were all convinced that there is an ingredient in hotdogs called earthrobate that is made of earthworms. That is still a mystery to me.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter