Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Great Capture

"Mommy look, we found a baby frog." I heard come from the front of the house. My two hunters come flying in, requesting a container for their prisoner. (Mina already had a plastic drinking cup in her hand) I find a coffee can and they begin chasing the poor hopper around the yard. Finally, their new found friend is apprehended. Michael slams the top on the can and brings it to me in the kitchen.


I asked him to put it on the counter, while I'm grabbing a knife. Michaels eyes became saucers and yelled, "Oh NO Mommy, are you going to KILL him?" (What am I, a beast?) I assured him that I was not killing him, I was just putting air holes in the top.



Back outside, I heard the two of them talking about their new "pet." Mina, being the girl she is asked Michael, "what are we going to name him, Froggy?" Now, Michael being the boy HE is said, "NO, that's a dumb name!" I'm in the kitchen listening, lol. Mina's final response, "Well, YOU'RE just a stinky boy!"


I must say, I think they both have a little rightness about their statements! :)


“We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."

-Mao Tse-Tung

17 Comments:

Blogger Phain said...

LOVE IT! My kids simply adore scampering after frogs, lizards, lady bugs, anything they can get their dirty lil' fingers on. *~Happy HNT~*

6:48 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Let it go, let it go....! It's so great that they are interested in nature and I remember doing things like this as a kid, too. Just let them know that frogs are actually very very sensitive to touch because they breath through their skin. Even natural grease on our fingertips can be harmful, so don't handle him too much (nature lover here or what!?...)
The frogs have not come out of hibernation here yet.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I am so not gonna be good at this mommy thing...as I was sitting here going - they.brought.it.in.to.the.house?????

OMG... I couldn't handle that.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

oh, how cute. from a distance..lol. froggy is a perfect name. :)

8:04 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That's so funny that he thought you might kill it! No, psycho=mommy!

11:08 PM  
Blogger truckdriver_sefl said...

I remember doing that when I was a kid:-}

4:16 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

Big Cubby says Froggy is a good name!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Cute froggy ... may I suggest "Kermit" ... I am not very original, am I ???
I hope you all have a hopping good Easter.
Take care, Meow

6:22 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

Can The Boy come over and play!? He loves it!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Oh a froggie! I love froggies!

9:01 AM  
Blogger JeepGirl said...

One "True" sign of spring. When kids get to go outside and capture animals and bring them into the house. Got to love it !

1:07 PM  
Blogger Lala's world said...

they are so true to themselves aren't they....the girl wanting to name it, the boy thinking the name is dumb......too funny

got to love all the little creatures they find and place in wonderful little homes (sour cream containers/jars/ice cream buckets)
I think it is part of the eco system....what would the population of snails, frogs, caterpillars, etx be without little children????

1:09 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Very cute story....the knife part made me laugh!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Laney said...

Hi-ho! Kermit the Frog here!!:-)

I was ROFL at the birds and the bees post! Sippy cup, bwhahaha!!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

I'm surprised you didn't explain that if you kiss it a prince will appear!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fear this day for me, since I hate frogs with a great fear. yuck! :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

These pictures are so sweet and really capture the moment. I can't wait until mine get a little older and experience adventures like this!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter