Monday, April 03, 2006

Tomboy Mommy!!

Yes, that would be me. This weekend Michael had a campout with his scouting buddies and their families. Honey was sick and wasn't going to be able to come, so the kids thought we would have to scrap the whole weekend. I was thinking, "Heck NO!" We had all been looking so forward to the weekend I wasn't going to let it slip away. So, I shopped, packed the kids, cooler and camping gear and was ready to go. (Not that I wouldn't have done all that anyway even if Daddy was coming) Honey felt badly and offered to come help get the tent up. I said it wasn't necessary but he insisted, so he did. Then left.

After our little 6 man house was erected, I set up camp. Inflated our mattresses (I'm not roughing it all the way, please) made our beds, set out our chairs and table, and hung our lanterns. Done.

Then it was off to play. I trekked boys to the pier to fish were I was rigging poles, baited hooks, we played wuffle ball, frisbee, tag and dodgeball. In the evening we grilled burgers and dogs and after dark in was bon fire time. Yes, time to roast marshmallows and build s'mores. It was shortly after that, time to hit the bags. I mean, the kids could barely stand up, lol. This time we were near the bath house.....thank goodness. We washed down, dried up, brushed and headed back to our nylon dwelling. On the way back to our tent, Michael said, "Mommy, I love that you are a tomboy!" I giggled and before I could saying anything, Mina squeezed me around the neck (she was getting a piggy back ride) and said, "Me TOO!" We all laughed our way back and I admitted that I too, was pretty happy about that fact.

A picture from the pier, after dogs and before s'mores



I tucked in my two very tired, but very happy little campers and I squeezed in my bag right between them. I folded my pillow in half, propped up my lantern light and read for an hour or so, sandwiched there by my two babies. What a perfect end to a busy day.

We did miss Daddy, but I have to say, a fabulous time was had by all.

Now, I'm quite sure my eyes are going to start bleeding any minute if I don't go close them.

14 Comments:

Blogger cubmommy said...

Very cute! Tomboys are cool!

Sounds like you had a great time camping. Big Cubby really wants to go camping. He keeps asking. We live in the city and have no camping gear. LOL! I guess we need to send him down to the grandparents they have plenty of places to camp.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Wow, sounds like you had a great time. Good on you for getting out there and doing it all on your own. What a woman !! Your photo is so beautiful. Wish I had've been there with you ... I so do loooove camping. Was it warm enough ?? Has Spring really sprung that much ??
Have a great week, take care, Meow
Oh yeah, hope Honey is feeling better

4:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

What a great story! Camping sounds soooo fun, but I think we have to wait until the kids are a little older. Don't you love it when your kids compliment you? I think they're the ones who we really should be trying to impress instead of our peers.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

That picture makes it all worth it eh???

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you guys had a great weekend-it sounds like you had alot of fun- it is such a great experience- too bad honey was not well- i'm sure next time he will not miss out on all the fun- i hope he is feeling better- i missed your sunday funnies this week!

8:46 AM  
Blogger JeepGirl said...

Sounds like a well deserved break and very much "wonderful" with the kids next to you in sleeping bags.

I'm jealous.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like such an awesome time! And the pic is wondeful!

Hope your Honey is feeling better!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I love that! Growing up, I was such a tomboy and probably always will be :) Sounds like great fun!

Good job, Tomboy Mommy! (Do I see a new screen name in your future?)

11:58 AM  
Blogger truckdriver_sefl said...

Glad you had a good time. That looks like a great place to spend the weekend!!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

I prefer a tomboy over a priss anyday. ;). Beautiful pic and glad you had a great time.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I would love a trip like that. It reminds me of when I was a kid... I haven't gone camping in a long long time.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

My best family memories from growing up are from our camping trips. I can't wait to start with mine. :)

11:47 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Aaaaaw! I love camping and I love those moments too! I;m looking forward to things like this in the future...

9:57 PM  
Blogger Heather Jane said...

You sound like an incredible woman and mother! I'm glad you are a tomboy too!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter