Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Quickest way for me to embarrass my Husband....

....IS, to without him knowing, and while he's standing there, ask Grandma to take the kids home from church for a couple of hours. Yup, that's it, and I know this because that's what I did Sunday. It was so cute to see him turn several shades of pink before hitting red. Just as he started sweating, he bolted out the back of the church. I tossed the kids in Grandma's car and headed home with Honey. On the way home it was....

Honey: "Honey, WHY do you do that?"

Me: (all innocent of course) "Do what?"

Honey: "You know what!"

Me: (now laughing) "Yes I do!"

Honey: "Babe, you know she knows what we are gonna to be doin'."

Me: "Well yeah, I suspect she may have an idea." (still giggling) "Then again, she could think we're just working on our taxes."

Honey: (Just shook his head and rolled his eyes)

*sigh*

Later, I go get the kids. I walk in and find Grandma standing in the kitchen wearing a huge smile. I give her a squeeze and tell her thank you, only to hear her giggle. Again, my question is, "WHAT?" She tells me, "oh, nothing." I smiled and told her we were just doing our taxes and we will be getting quite a refund. We are both laughing now.....her response, "REALLY?"

Needless to say, Honey didn't show up until much later, lol!

*Side note: Grandma is neither his or my Mother, she is our neighbor. We don't have any family here and she has totally adopted my two kids as her very own Grandchildren. (lucky me)


“Next to being shot at and missed, nothing is really quite as satisfying as an income tax refund."

-F. J. Raymond

23 Comments:

Blogger Foxy said...

i need one of those grandma's!!! i need a "refund" too!!! :)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

LOL that is a helluva cool grandma!!!! :)

6:38 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

Honey is hot!! I miss him.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I would love to have a grandma like that! Enjoy your refund!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

He looks like Dennis Franz. Very HOT. I'm glad you logged in some more adult time.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

I know what you've been doing, ner ner ner ner ner ner !!!
Hope it was fun.
Take care, Meow

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cute. And, yay for anyone who takes the kids on for a little while. heehee :)

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need a Grandma around here like that! Lucky you!!!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Real Live Lesbian said...

That preacher could be the next big thing if word gets out what he does to women!!! That'll get folks in church.

Grandma and I are the ones that consider ourselves lucky!

5:36 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

You are so lucky to have a wonderful Grandma to watch you kids. It is nice you guys get some alone time.

I wish I had someone close.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hah! That is great!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

You are lucky! It is so funny that Grandma is neither your nor his mother, but he still gets embarrased!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

Go Grandma!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Right after church, eh? Surely, you weren't thinking about that during the service?!
Oh, you know you were!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Lala's world said...

ok lol at Renee's comment!! J and I have given each other the "eye" at church ourselves!!! wish we had a "grandma" that could take them for a while too.....we are really behind on our taxes!!!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

Oh my..I laughed at Renee too because I SO have no idea what the service was about. I admitt, I was way to preoccupied with other things, lol. One of which was plotting my plan.

9:11 AM  
Blogger truckdriver_sefl said...

LOL!!!! Hey ya do what ya gotta do!!! good thinkin!!! :-}

10:06 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Good thinking - lucky you!!!! He should be happy you would plan for some "alone time" - wink ;)

I bet you were taxed after doing the taxes - hehehehe!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

You're making me blush :)

3:37 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Ha ha ha! Well, your side note explains a little more why your hubby would be so embarrassed about that. (But then again- my hubby and I are pretty open about that stuff with my parents...and something tells me that's not normal. LOL)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Norman said...

Hey!! Wouldn't it be **really** funny if your 'refund' arrives in about oh - let's say...um... 9 months??

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just surfing by...I loved this story!!

5:43 AM  
Blogger Diane Viere said...

Glad I found you in my morning surf! Outrageously....brilliant!

Diane

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter