Friday, March 17, 2006

Wrong Number

The other morning I tried calling my Dad. Nothing urgent, just wanted to let him know he should expect something in the mail in the next couple of days. I was home and thought I'd use the house phone but like most people my phonebook is my cell phone. So I look up his number, because I have NO one memorized, they are all on speed dial. There is his home number, listed along with several other numbers to reach him.

I dial and wait. The phone is picked up but I don't recognize the voice. I had no idea who picked up the phone, but I didn't want to just hang up. Dad's name is Pete, Peter or he is fondly referred to as Petey by all us kids. We do call him Dad though really.

I didn't know who I was talking to so I asked for Peter...

Me: "Hi, is Peter there please?"

Stupid Guy: "Who?"

Me: "Peter, is he there?"

Stupid Guy: "Well, "I" have a peter and "he's" up, but there's no Peter here."

I'm thinking, "Look MORON, I don't give a monkeys ass about the condition of any part of your anatomy....I'm just looking for my Dad."

Me: "Yeah, well I'm sorry to have bothered you, I believe I have the wrong number."

Stupid Guy: "Sure, not a problem."

Me: Oh, and you should probably go take care of condition you have there, JERK!" (click)

Why, WHY? Was it really necessary for that brainless idiot to response in such a crude manner? I swear, after responding so politely and hanging up, I really wanted to call the stupid ass back and give him a piece of my mind. Unfortunately, I didn't know what number I called and I had already dialed another number so redial was out.

I promise, the next slime ball won't get off so easy!!

11 Comments:

Blogger sarahgrace said...

Yick! What a perv! I bet he wouldn't be so brave in person though!

12:05 PM  
Blogger JeepGirl said...

Oh man, don't you hate that when later you think you should have said or handled something a little different. Ya you could have really let him have it or mess with his head a little. Oh well, I'm glad you said something tho. Men are so into their body parts aren't they.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I hate it when I dial a number wrong and the person on the other end is a jerk...but what I hate even more is when I answer the phone,it's the wrong number and it's the 3rd time in a row that they've called... UGH!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've had conversations with people who I dialed accidentally LOL..but no one was ever that rude and disgusting! EEW! I actually used to get these weird cell phone line crossings with my old phone number- My phone would ring, and I'd pick it up and it would be ringing! Then the same guy would pick up and I'd have to say "oops, sorry my phone did that strange thing again!" LOL. And I used to get my phone calls swapped with the same girl all the time too- I'd be talking to someone and all the sudden they were gone and there was Girl. LOL.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

What a twit; there are so many nut cases in this world!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Lala's world said...

ok crude or what.....but funny to read about!!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Norman said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


NORM!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MEN!!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Yuck - I hope he isn't like that all the time, but he probably is!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rudeness of some people really have no bounds. Frightening!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

OMG. I know he was a jerk, but he was pretty quick thinking and funny.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter