Monday, March 06, 2006

Run Forrest, run.....

Our house is located on a back road that is flat and very windy. These conditions make it extremely runner and bike rider friendly. Year round, you can find people running and riding on our road and past our house. Last weekend, while standing in the kitchen talking to Honey, we see a jogger go by. Neither one of us paid much attention and went on with our conversation.

Later (about 1 1/2 hours) this same jogger came walking up our driveway. He's lost. Honey, came in a tells me that the guy that past earlier was lost. I told him (Honey, not the guy) that he had to get off the pipe before he went running. How was he lost? My word, how far did he run that he lost his car?

After talking with our lost jogger friend for some time, Honey decided he would take him to a gas station to call a cab, on jogger's request. Next question. How the FREAK is this guy going to tell the cabby where to bring him? He lost his car! It was then decide that Honey would help him find his car. While on their hunt, they call me several times asking where certain picnic areas were. (Apparently, they think I have nothing better to do than picnic during the week, thus knowing where they all are.) I happened to know the area they were in and told them to make a left at the Exxon station. I asked my husband what this lunatic tried to do? They were now at least 20 miles from our house. Honey said that he was trying to run around the lake. "WHAT?" That was my very next word. Obviously, he was unaware that the lake was 18,000 acres and covered 7 counties....Crap, he would be running for weeks, lol!

Turns out this "mad" jogger has only been in the area since November from England. His family has a company and he decided to come here and work.

Well, they found his car at the boat ramp/picnic area, safe and sound. Honey gave him his number and the jogger actually used it. He called to say thank you again, and that he made it home alright. We decided it might be nice to have him for dinner and he agreed. I told him, next time if he really wanted to run our road he should probably park a little closer. Turns out, he ran over 30 miles that afternoon. CRAZY!

BTW...You guys are SO smart. Chinese was the take-out.

Roni's is Mina's Lo Mein
Red Chicken is Michael's boneless spare ribs
Raccoons are their fried Rangoons

"I don't jog. If I die I want to be sick".

~Abe Lemmons

9 Comments:

Blogger Aisha said...

Apparently, they think I have nothing better to do than picnic during the week <-- lol

Wow thirty miles... I ran four miles yesterday and walked around feeling like an Olympic Star. lol.

Your hubby is nice to have taken him to his car .I can't imagine what he would have done without the kindness of your hubby and yourself.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Norman said...

wow!! That's all I need to do to score a free meal off you? A meal that's cooked in your awesome kitchen?? That's it?? Run 30 miles ?? That's all?? I'm there! I'll go get my Nikes with the little jet packs attached and be right there! I want Raccoons!

norm!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

Wow, and I want to call a cab when I walk out to the car to take me to my car!!!

I love Raccoons. Thank you for clarifing that, I've been racking my brain.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Cool story. I couldn't imagine running 30 miles ... that is so crazy !!! Have a great week, take care, Meow

2:54 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

My type of guy.. except I would havce kept going!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

That is so funny! I can't believe he actually ran that far!

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Are you kidding me? I bet his feet hurt the next day.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

I bet he will be pretty sore today!!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - I can't stop! That is too funny. That man has stamina :)

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter