Monday, February 27, 2006

Is this an honest face?

Several weeks ago, a friend asked me to stand in line with her to become part of a project. I said, "Sure" but that was before I saw the weather forecast. The day we were to go it was cold, rainy, and did I say COLD? Nonetheless, equipped with our umbrella's, we head down town to stand in line among HUNDREDS of people. Standing there, we laughed, talked and cut up with other lunatics that were there getting soaked, inspite of their umbrella's. After two hours of minimal progress, my friend decided that all though her intentions were good our attempt was futile. She made the grand announcement "I'm ready to go!" As we stepped out of line, with our feet wet to our knees and shaking like a couple of last leaves of Fall, I hear a girl say, "Would you do me a favor?" Again, I say, "Sure." "I saw that we were parked right next to eachother in the parking garage.....would you take my keys, and bring me a fleece blanket I have in the back?" I tell, her, "yeah, I'd be happy to but how do you know I'm not going to steal your car?" She proceeds to tell me, "Aw, you look honest!" I could have a BRAND new Ford Explorer, lol!

Then...

Friday evening, Honey and I actually had an adult night out with another couple. (woo-hoo) We went down town and had a very nice dinner, then is was off to a pub to listen to some Jazz. What fun! As I sat at our table listening to deafeningly loud music and sipping on my glass of wine, I notice a couple at another table, right next ot us. They were a cute couple, acting all "first datish" and were going to dance. Before they left their table, she looks at me and motioned, "would your watch my purse and drink?" I'm thinking, "What the FREAK?" I smiled at her and nodded yes. Now, WHO leaves their bag and drink with a perfect stranger? The bag, not so much......I'm sure there was nothing in it to begin with. I mean, I didn't even BRING mine with me. But the DRINK! Who leaves their drink completely unattended in a crowded bar? Well, unattended with the exception of me.....BUT she didn't know me.

There are SO many crazy things that happen to people while having a night out on the town.....JUST for that reason. Something is put in a drink (just for fun) and it turns tragic.


"A person is not given integrity. It results from the relentless pursuit of honesty at all times."

-Unknown

22 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

You know I used to be that trusting...but then I got wise to the ways of the world...(years ago...) I leave the bag at home, and finish the drink before dancing or just know I'll need to get a fresh one from the bar when done...

6:39 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

JEEZ, lol, I guess I look pretty devious, strangesr never ask me to help them out, lol. Ah well.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great! Is that the new Explorer you stole?? :0)

I would trust you too! What an honest looking face you have!!

So, what was she drinking anyway? Maybe she was too drunk to care by then.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what it is.....I just figured it out.

You have that PRINCESS DIANA look. Everyone loved her! I'm sure they trusted her too!

That's what it is.

Phew, I feel better now.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

Being one of those standing in that line, I can tell you that I was so surprised that she asked YOU to get her blanket from her locked vehicle. Now with the purse and drink thing, well I guess you reminded her of her mother! LOL

8:21 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I would never leave my purse in the hands of a stranger and I certainly wouldn't give my keys to a stranger...I think some people are too trusting.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

either they felt that you are trustworthy or they are carefree

but its a good thing that strangers find u trustworthy :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

You must have that "honest" face! I would have been tempted to drink her drink, too, but since SHE was a stranger and I didn't know what was really in it, I would have held off.

Read your bio. I LIVE with my camera, too!

4:19 AM  
Blogger ShyRocket said...

Just found your blog for the first time and really enjoyed it. Great stuff and great photos.

4:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always knew I raised a GOOD GIRL.

Love, MOM

4:40 AM  
Blogger Randi said...

OK, yes, you do look honest and all that but a car? and a purse? That is a little funny if you ask me. Maybe this stems from the fact that I grew up in So Calif where people routinly steal stuff!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

You just have a very honest face. Must be nice!! :)

6:29 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

I was thinking more along the lines of perhaps you were going to drink HER drink! Im weird like that!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Face it: You have an honest face!

9:26 AM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

At least it's nice to know you look honest. But maybe now you don't wonder so much why stupid things happen to people when they are that trusting... or just not cautious at all...

11:12 AM  
Blogger JeepGirl said...

Wow, some people are sure naive to whats around them.

I do agree with your mom, you look like you've been raised pretty wisely
Still - man , my dad always said there are so many strange people in the world.
I'm always preachin' to my kids about that. But on the other hand I feel like I don't want my kids to be rude to strangers. Just very very careful - especially now a days.

11:26 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

I live in Chicago. I don't trust anybody. Though I must look like I know where I am going because I get stopped all the time for directions

2:35 PM  
Blogger Lala's world said...

ya I didn't even think about someone putting something in your drink!!! that could be a very tragic situation for sure!!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look honest to me! Some peple are a bit too trusting in strangers. She's lucky she asked you.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Norman said...

I dunno. You kinda look like a serial killer to me.. You know - all sweet and nice looking and when you least expect it. BLAM!

norman

7:23 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Wow! People really do trust you. Even though you do have an honest face, I would be leary . . . too many bad things happen lately.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

You MUST have an honest face! Almost makes you want to do something wrong, eh?

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter