Friday, February 17, 2006

Teaching my children well

The kids were off from school, a free day, YAY! Honey calls and asked us all to come have lunch with him, second YAY! We were vetoed on a semi adult lunch, because Daddy is such a push over, McDonalds won. We pick up Dad and head to the golden arches. Everyone was enjoying their meal and as usual there was plenty of laughter. Apparently, I didn't think there was enough going on at our table. I bit off a piece of my straw paper, chewed it up and tucked it into my straw. (you see where this is going?) While no one was paying attention I dart Honey, right on the CHEEK. (man was it funny) He looks at me with huge eyes and inquires as to what my problem was. lol! My reply, "Nothing, why?" The kids are hysterical and grab for their straw papers. The battle is on. Honey, clearly a bit aggravated with my juvenile behavior but not at all shocked, just shook his head. I peg Michael in the side of the neck. NOW, Daddy thinks it may be a little bit funny. "DUDE, Mommy just nailed you!" I let the kids get a couple launched before I had to put a halt to the war games. I didn't want to completely destroy the local eatery, and YES, I did pick up every spitball we shot. (I'm not completely irresponsible)

I'm thinking next, launching peas and carrot off a spoon in the cafeteria, lol!! This parenting thing is a blast.


Did you know? The first drinking straw was constructed by winding strips of paper around a pencil and gluing it together. The first patent for a wax coated paper drinking straw (made by this spiral winding process) was issued to Marvin C. Stone of Washington, D.C. in 1888. Initially the straws were all hand wound, but in 1906 his Stone Straw Company invented a machine to wind the straws.

22 Comments:

Blogger momma of 2 said...

You are one fun Mommy! We had a food fight at school once - the nuns made us clean every sq inch of the cafeteria (which was also the church basement) not fun.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

It sounds like you have a blast. What a lot of fun it is, to behave like a kid for a little while here and there. Should be more of it, I think. Enjoy life. Take care, Meow

3:50 AM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

LOL!

i can imagine yours is a happy family.
maybe i'll try the darts next time, u r my inspiration :P

3:53 AM  
Blogger Melody said...

Those were some very important life lessons...go MOM!

6:19 AM  
Blogger truckdriver_sefl said...

Hey if you can't have a little fun why bother right!!! Way to go MOM:-}

6:27 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one to do things like that!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

The boy hasnt figured that one out yet but he can launch food with a spoon! Im with you but mommy is with your hubby... poor sports!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Yea, one time at Olive Garden, I opened one end of the straw, pulled it back and attempted to blow through the straw to blow the wrapper at the hubbs. Um, it hit the lady 3 tables back.

The children were thrilled. The lady 3 tables back? Not. So. Much.

7:31 AM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

I once took the husband and kid to McDoodoos and my kid promptly wet himself in the ball pit. Lunch over.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Laney said...

Golly, I thought *we* were rambunctious!!LOL

9:38 AM  
Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

That's something our family would do.....I'm glad we're not the only one. :) Good times!!

11:26 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

Can I come live with you? You guys have so much fun!!!

Mickey D's is a place you are supposed to act like clowns!!!

LOL!!

Have a great weekend!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

If they are going to learn it, why not at home? Great Going Mom!!!!

12:26 PM  
Blogger bon said...

mmmmm... ideas!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

wow, you really are a whacka-doodle mom, sounds like you have a very fun family!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

nice buns below! lol

and i love that you nailed your honey, and he asked what your problem was...too funny. :)

4:51 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

What a fun Mum! :)
Have a great weekend...

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are fun! My DH would not be amused.

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, to be young again.

Wait.........I could still do this. I am so there!

Hubby watch out!

Great idea. Thanks!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Norman said...

Here's a trick you have to do to your hunny! (involves straw paper! hehehe)

When he's NOT looking, take a tiny piece of paper and wad it up. Pull his straw up out of his drink and stick the paper into the bottom of his straw. Make sure it's not so big that it will 'clog the straw'... you want that sucker to be able to go UP!! Then don't tell him you sabotaged his drink. When he takes a sip - that paper will shoot into his mouth - and he'll freak out wondering what the hell he just got hold of!

I do this trick to people all the time at work. I think it's why they hate me.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

Norm..
You're a nut! I'm DOIN' IT!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

You're a cool mom! Living in the moment is great :)

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter