Monday, March 20, 2006

My hole

It's happened and so soon. My little girl has already lost her first tooth. I swear, she has just turned 5 and already she's sporting the Jack-O-Lantern look. It was loose for several weeks and after eating an apple one afternoon she came running into the kitchen and said, "Mommy, look it's really loose now!" Man, and it was. I pulled it back with my thumb and it popped. The only thing left to do was yank it out, and I did.



She was a great sport about it, actually she didn't complain at all and was very excited. After we stopped the little bit of bleeding and showed her brother, she raced to the mirror. I hear her squeal with excitement about her new look from down the hall, then footsteps racing back my way....."Mommy, I can't wait to go to school tomorrow and show everyone my hole" Needless to say, I giggled and agreed that yes, it will be fun. However, it's not anything I want to hear her say at 16, while flying out the door for school. (My word, the years to come!)


“Perhaps no mightier conflict of mind occurs ever again in a lifetime than that first decision to unseat one's own tooth"

- Gene Fowler

18 Comments:

Blogger Aisha said...

so cute!!!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

Cute. Glad it was painless.

9:10 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

That's hilarious! It just now dawned on me that someday I will be doing the tooth thing with my boys...and I'm kind of scared. Good to know your daughter was a good sport about it though- hopefully I'll have the same luck!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I can remember when that happen almost 17 years ago. Those are the best memories with fairy godmother and stuff.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

What an event! She is too cute!
My son soon turns five and I am waiting for this day to come.
And not really looking forward to it because I have a thing about loose teeth (they gross me out!:)

4:58 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

"However, it's not anything I want to hear her say at 16, while flying out the door for school"

You. Kill. Me.

6:46 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

What a big girl! Every exciting event indeed!

You crack me up! I hope you don't here that when she is 16 either. LOL!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

LOL... she's too cute! Pan is 5 and every night - we get - "Mom, I think this tooth is loose..." and it's not... I tell him they'll come out when they are ready.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Nothing like kids actually WANTING to lose their teeth. I'm dealing with just the opposite with Emma!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"my hole" Too too funny!!!!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Aud*2020 said...

And was the tooth fairy good to her?

I was just wondering the other day when it would be that my son would lose his first tooth. It's been awhile; I forget these things!

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. "My hole" . . . yes, it's sweet at this age but it could be scarier later on in life. :)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

How much?

10:34 AM  
Blogger truckdriver_sefl said...

I read this on the way to Ms. last night and laughed out loud about the 16yr old comment!! :-}

10:40 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

OMGosh my 6 year old has the same tooth profile. hehe. "Gotta leave room for the straw", he says.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

That is too cute !!! I agreee about the same comment when she is 16 ... no, don't want to hear that one !! How much does the tooth fairy pay in your world ??
Take care, Meow

10:44 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

She looks so proud there! What a great moment to remember.

Did the toothfairy treat her well? What is the going rate for a tooth these days?!!?

12:52 PM  
Blogger owlhaven said...

That's one cute hole!

Mary, mom to many

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter