Friday, April 07, 2006

Gun IT!!

Waiting patiently for traffic to clear, this is what I heard from my hot roddin', back seat drivin' son. I glance in the rearview mirror to find his face pressed against the window watching traffic, helping me decide when to pull out. Here are his great words of wisdom...

Michael: "GUN it, Mommy!"

Me: "What gun it, where to you want me to go?"

Michael: "Yeah, gun it out and beat that guy coming."

Me: "Are you kidding me....we'll get whacked!" (Gun it OUT?...man oh man)

Michael: "Giggle....Na Uh!!"

I finally get out and start heading to our finally destination....Scouts. We are in traffic, although not heavy...still traffic just the same. My back seat hot rodder continues.....

Michael: "Come on Mommy, gun it, ONE time."

Me: "What is wrong with you, ya nut....don't you see the cars in front of us?"

Michael: "Ok, at the light there, where we make a right....then do it."

Me: "I can't on a turn, it's dangerous."

Michael: "Well, straighten out and then do it."

I'm about at my wits end with the gunning it thing. So, what do I do...I gun it, ONCE. Just to end the madness. Well, he found it quite funny and....AGAIN.

Michael: "One more time Mommy, please!"

Me: "No Michael I can't, there are always cops hangin' out on this road."

Michael: "So, what will happen?"

Me: "They'll stop us and give me a ticket."

Michael: "A TICKET....to where, the CIRCUS?"

Me: Hysterical!!

I couldn't carry the conversation any further. Once I got myself together, I did explain I would get a ticket for speeding that I would have to pay. He got it. "Oh, like the people we see on the sides of the road with the police?" "EXACTLY!!" (I do however, think they should start the circus thing)

I swear, if it were tickets to the circus they were issuing, in my younger days I would have been spending a lot more time under the "Big Top" NOT in court.

“Time is a circus, always packing up and moving away."

-Ben Hecht

15 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I have the heaviest lead foot ever... and I do mean ever! 7 speeding tickets from 16 to 22... I was thisclose to going to driving school and I finally slowed down.... and nope - I never once got to go to the circus...but I did get to see a few funny men in funny hats!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I love this post so much. It reminds me of Anna and Emma when they were little. They'd love for me to do 'crazy' things driving, like pretend to hit mailboxes (we're in the country, remember) and swerve and 'gun it'. Way to go for giving in a little!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

That is too funny !! Michael sounds like a lot of fun.
A ticket to the circus ... I want one !!
Have a great day, take care, Meow

8:45 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

LOL!!!! Awwwwwww that makes my ovaries hurt!! tooooo cute :(

8:54 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

LOL! Loo always tells us to "Go Faster" or she wants "Big Wind" (windows down) . . . kids are so fun and cool :)

Have a good weekend!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

If we got tickets to the circus, I certainly would be "gunning it"!

9:04 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

"Gunning It" is your normal driving speed. What the hell was he talking about??? You shouldn't be a Mom, you should be a f***king pilot - that's more your speed. xo

9:35 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

Where do they get these things from?? I would blame his father!!! :) Cute.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I drive so slowly that I don't think my kids would understand the phrase "gun it," even if it were explained to them. I am such a daredevil!

12:43 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

LOL! I am afraid for you when he turns 16.

Don't you love backseat drivers? I have one also.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

That was classic! :)

7:34 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

too funny...LOL. i'm going to use that from now on- " Just gun it honey!"

8:32 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

LMAO! Wouldn't it be great if we got tickets to the circus evertime we "gunned it!"
My 2 year old yells "paster mommy!" I can't imagine what she'll come up with when she's older!

8:58 AM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

That's hilarious. I can hardly wait till my boys start daring me to do stupid things...

10:15 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I am already stressed about the day when our children get their drivers' licences...we think we have worry now!@

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter