Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I Spy!

We picked up where we left off last week. Mrs. C. is teaching the second graders how use library resources to do research on a subject. Last week they started, the subject butterflies. The students were paired off and put to work. Today, they were to finish their research and hand it in.

Today I was sitting on the floor labeling AR books. While doing so, the two boys at the table nearest me where laughing, carrying on and just being too loud. I told them they needed to quiet down and get finished before Mrs. C. came to get their work.

The class in over, and all the students leave the library. Thank goodness, peace. Mrs. C. heads my way to help with the monumental task at hand, AR books and says "NO WAY!" Now, Mrs. C. is young. 33 years old, fun, lively, has great ideas, LOVES the kids and her job. She is not at ALL a prude or the librarian of my generation, lol. I asked her what was the matter and she just waved me in her direction. Pointing down at the table where Noah and Zack were sitting, my loud friends, the word F*** was gracing the table top.

Now, there were no other students that sat at this particular table before that class. I said, "I guess it's time to have a little chat with Zack, huh?" It was in front of the chair he was sitting in. He is brought in and questioned. Guess what? He didn't do it! Noah's turn. You aren't going to believe this, but he didn't do it either. Mrs. C. speaks to their teacher, Mrs. R. She comes in to examine the hand writing. Mrs. R. say's "Noah, it's Noah's hand writing....no question." He is brought back in, now, with both Mrs. C. and his teacher, Mrs. R.

I was in the room but far removed from the scene, still I had to laugh. After, repeatedly denying any involvement in the table top graphics, I heard Mrs. R. say, "That's fine. You can say you didn't do it, but when we watch the video tape, we are going to SEE that it's you." I died. Noah responds, "Well, if you see me, it's just someone who looks like me." Ok, now I had to leave the room.

I suspect, Noah caved shortly after returning to class.

Mrs. C. decided she was going to start telling the kids that she has a dwarf person hiding the A/C vent spying on them. That he will be reporting any and all inappropriate behavior to her at the end of each day.

My response, "brilliant!"

9 Comments:

Blogger The Daily Rant said...

Noah DIDN'T do it. I was there.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That's awesome! Teachers need all the help they can get. I'd love to have a hidden camera upstairs where they play, so we can bypass all the "He did it/she did it" nonsense.

11:37 PM  
Blogger truckdriver_sefl said...

brilliant indeed!!! :-}

4:09 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

LOL what kids come up with. I think Mrs. C. reponse is brilliant. I can not believe 2nd graders using the F word but yet I can because I hear it all the time when I ride the El train or go to the store. It is a shame.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

That Noah, huh?! A future O.J. in the making! Too funny.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

Food? Fool? What was the word?

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noah just doesn't give up, does he? I don't know if I should admire or be scared. :) And, you're right "brilliant"! Take care.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

omg, i was Noah throughout all my years in school..lol

12:31 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

I'm very impressed with Noah, he could have easily put it back on Zack, but he went the more imaginitive route and chose the ever so present look alike! Love it!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter