Friday, April 14, 2006

Lights Out

An early night. It's 10:00 pm with nothing left to do. I check the kids, kiss the Hubbs and head to bed to read for a bit. The peace, was OH so welcomed. However, it was short lived. It wasn't 20 minutes and in staggers Honey.

Not wanting to stop where I was, I asked, "Ah, Honey are you going to ask me to shut the light?" As he's falling into bed he says, "well, Baby ya know?" I laughed at all of his grace and said to him, "yes, I know lots of things, but right now I'd like to know if I have to shut the light." With his eyes already closed, he giggled and threw his arm over me. I'm thinking, "Great!"

Before I found my place again on the page and read three lines, he was in REM. Yay for me. And, one more thing I know, I'm NOT shutting the light!

Question: How can a man, fall asleep in the living room with the TV screaming, lights blaring and uncovered without a problem? Then, come to bed where it's warm and quite with the glow of a bedside lamp and have a problem.

Answer: It's not a problem, he just wants to be a pain in the foot!

9 Comments:

Blogger truckdriver_sefl said...

It never fails:-}

Hope you have a great Friday!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Aisha said...

AMEN SISTAH! My hubby is the same exact way! lol. Must be a Y chromosome thing.

8:27 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

My hubby is the same way! Men!

Happy Easter!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Actually, I can relate to your hubbie. The same thing happens to me :(

4:33 PM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

I say get him a sleep mask. Something in satin with lace and a ruffle around the edges.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Lala's world said...

ok I never understand that one either....the few times I actually make it into bed...kids are sleeping and I get to read are few and far between...and never fails too soon after he comes and wants me to turn the little light off too.....what gives???

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"pain in the foot"

Ok. You are officially the sweetest and best ever. I'm glad that you got some reading in . . . very good. :)

10:10 AM  
Blogger Phain said...

I'm thinking that pain is a lil' higher up than "foot" heeheehee. I seem to be the only one in the house who has trouble sleeping - everyone else could fall asleep standing up with a marching band stomping through. *what luck*

6:13 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Men !!!
My hubby falls asleep on the couch, I go into the loungeroom sometime during the early hours, quietly turn off the TV and lights, and sneak back to bed ...not wanting to wake him. But ... the minute there is no noise or lights, guess who wakes up !!! Who can figure !!!
Again ... Men !!!
Take care, Meow

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter