Tuesday, April 25, 2006

May I Have Your Attention Please!

Malling. Entering that huge building with a million stores inside and even more people, NOT my thing. Nevertheless, that is where I found myself the other day with my best friend Salena, along with my two kids. Michael and Mina act like they had just entered an amusement park because we are NEVER there. Salena however, would live there if she could do so without being detected.

Now we're there, browsing around. Salena mentions she would like to go look at bras, so it's off to women's apparel. She makes her selections, tried them on and decided that they are the lucky ones that will be going home with her. Mean while, I'm hangin' out with the kids trying to explaining all the frilly, froo-froo things that are hanging everywhere, to a seven year old BOY!

Salena decides, that I must have one of these frilly undergarments and heads off with Mina to find one, on the other side of the store. I'm with Michael, standing among bras that I just can't believe some women fill out. I swear, my family could live in a few of them.

Shortly after her disappearance I hear from across the store, "HEY VICK, YOU'RE A SIZE 34B.....RIGHT?" I'm standing there, with a women and her teenaged daughter next to me. I turned to them, with my mouth open, wide eyes and hands out as if to say "WHAT is she DOING?" I laughed and told them, "Not really something you want shouted from afar, huh?" They giggled. I didn't know where she was in the store, but I shouted back, "Salena, you may as well have said.....HEY VICK, YOU'RE SMALL, RIGHT?" Still standing next to my new underwear shopping friend, I turned to them and shrugged my shoulders saying, "If you can't beat 'em join 'em!" They were now wiping tears out of their eyes. I'll tell you, it's quite a warm feeling, knowing that you can cause such laughter with your bust size.

I left the store with nothing but the firm realization that numbers read no larger than those of a 14 year old girl, lol!

“You know it's a bad day when you put your bra on backwards and it fits better."

-Unknown

17 Comments:

Blogger Foxy said...

LOL..that is pretty embarrasing! Not to mention you were already in there with your kids, and now they gotta hear that...lol

6:27 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I was a 34B in 5th grade...you don't want to know what I am now...I come from a long line of big busted women.

6:28 PM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

LOL! I am in the same boat. I think I am a 34B but since two kids I might be smaller. I haven't really measured.

Not something I would want the whole store to know.

4:30 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Sam exact size at me. Sad, but true. ;^)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Ahhh...don't you love it when friends or, God forbid, DH wants to help you shop for stuff like that! At least she didn't shout "you're a size 38D?" which is exactly what would happen to me!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Suzie Petunia said...

I am not kidding you when I say I don't fill a AA. Most stores don't even carry my size! I have to shop in the training bra section of the store!!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

lol! Yeah my friend and I joke around about boobs all the time. She's not even in an A cup, and I'm a 42 DDD...both an extreme...I think I'll willing to share...can you do that?

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say to that is ..................:-}!!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Hasan Mubarak said...

It just made me cry with laughter to imagine you in such a situation...

Btw, I love Malling too. It's because, perhaps, here, it still is a relatively new phenomenon

12:39 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

LOL!
Oh the stories I could tell about bra shopping with other people...


Love the quote for today!

3:44 PM  
Blogger hi, it's me! melissa c said...

That is hilarious!!! That is something that would happen to me! I love your blog. Now, What do you do if one is a c and the other a b? Still haven't found the perfect bra for that one!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I'm with you. I was less than an A before the twins, got up to C at my most engorged, and now I'm back down to a B. Disappointing isn't it. Cest la vie.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

My husband used to say ... more than a handful's too much !! Oops, too much information ?!?!
When I am slim, I am only an A cup, but these days, C & D are feeling more comfy !!!
Boobs, bras ... shame we need to wear them ... men have got more freedom, don't you think !!
Take care, Meow

3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too funny. I'm now going to find my bra and see what size I am. :) I will let you know. :)

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I'm a 36B. I really had no idea. My butt is so big that I never noticed my boobs, I guess. hahaha Talk to you later, girl.

6:50 AM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

My mom used to do that to me as a teen. Shed shout across the store my bra size...thing is I never made it past an A cup in school.

I LIKE my teeny boobs now.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Lala's world said...

oh man that is too funny....embarrassing but funny....good come back though!!! you rock!! I would have just gone red... I would just assume that everyone's eyes would drop a level to check out if the size called out was acurate!!!

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter