Thursday, May 11, 2006

Personal fashion consultant

Sunday evening I'm rifling through my closet, "what should I wear, what should I wear?" I had the unpleasant task of having to attend a funeral viewing and wasn't sure what I wanted wear. Slacks, a skirt, dress, what? (all black of course) I slip into my slacks and decided that I really shouldn't wear them until I bring them to the tailor, so I'm out of those and into a skirt. Fine. Now, what top will I be wearing? I pull out a fitted v-neck white T and put it on. I like the way it looks but felt it was too cool out to wear. It had been rainy all day the to temperature had dropped quite a bit for May.

So, it's off with the T. I'm standing in my bra and skirt when in fly's my fashion consultant on her way to the bathroom. Mina demands to know what I'm doing, of course without stopping. I explain while I'm pulling on a light weight high neck sweater that is a very light cream color. I hear her washing her hands and out she comes, in a hurry as she doesn't want to miss whatever it is she was watching. Running passed me, drying her hands on her pants and looking over her shoulder she says, "Mommy, I like the skirt but THAT doesn't match. But if that's all you can do!" Then she's GONE.

OK. First, it matched smarty pants. Second, I didn't' like the way it looked either, LOL! So, it was back on with the white T and off I went. I really enjoyed the freakin' nip in the air.

I laughed the rest of the evening at my little Mina. How she totally sized up the situation in a lighting bolt trip to the bathroom and one eye over her shoulder.

"When his wife asked him to change clothes to meet the German Ambassador: they want to see me, here I am. If they want to see my clothes, open my closet and show them my suits."

-Albert Einstein

13 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

They'll tell you like it is, that's for sure. My oldest tells me every now and then that I dress like an 'old grandma'.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

wow, a personal fashion consultant, living right in your own house. sounds like a great deal in exchange for room and board.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

lol, wow they start so young! lol

8:35 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

She's brilliant. And funny.

3:43 AM  
Blogger S'mee said...

Wait until you are accused of wearing "mom jeans", oy vey!

1st time comment- thanks LDS chicks

great blog, I'll visit often!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

LOL, its funny my daughter is the same way. she'll tell me straight up weather something looks nice or not, or matches. sometimes i'll have to explain to her that mommy doesn't need to look good to go to the park, or the grocery store..lol.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

My children are doomed to have horrible fashion sense. I pity them their high school years.

8:23 PM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

too cute. I have 2 boys and it is really a struggle some days to get them to wear what I want, then the oldest will say "you look pretty Mommy" then I do not care if they go out in the underwear and cape with snow boots.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

(giggling over s'mee and her talk of Mom Jeans - just say no! hehe.)

my son is getting into the fashion scene, too. "I can't wear that! It's too dark and doesn't match." I'm thinking, Um, you are 6. Who will notice?

8:52 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

She is good. I can barely match myself and I am 33.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

you know - honesty is a good thing... lol at Mina - she cracks me up!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My nearly 6 year old is like that, she was colour coordinated before she even knew the names of the colours!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cute. It's crazy how the kids growing up so fast and forming opinions as they go. :)

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter