Tuesday, June 20, 2006

In the beginning...

Yes, that's right where it starts. As I sat bending my brain on a list of things I needed to pick up I thought, "Oh, I have got to get Mina some panties!" Every time I turn around, she is howling how she has NONE. I have no idea what it is she does with them....but I'm not overly concerned, after all she is only 5. Now, 17, I'd sure be asking.

We have everything else, so it's off the the little girls department. This is no easy task, the picking out of panties for an overly fashion conscious 5 years old. Finally, the selections are made. Very bright, full of design with some little fringey, lovely. Michael chimes in and says, "Underwear, what underwear, these look like scarves!!" I say, "WHAT?" "Yeah, Mommy, look at these colors and the edges, man!" "Ok, whatever you say."

Ahh, no wonder when I send Honey to the store with explicit directions and a detailed description of what I need, he comes home with scarves. So you see, it starts way back, in the beginning.

10 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

She sounds like my Emma. I can buy that child clothes, underwear, socks, . . every week and she never has any! Where do they go? I'm not sure!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

LOL

3:07 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

That is so funny! Boys just don't understand that girls need pretty things, do they?

4:39 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

All girls need pretty things - my silly girl changes hers two or maybe 4 times a day - that's why there is never any in the drawer...

5:05 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

i buy k's at target- a pack of hanes! lol

6:47 PM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

Boy that is the truth! They start out very young. Boys!

7:16 AM  
Blogger JeepGirl said...

Oh wow, good luck chick! I have an almost 14 year old and try buying panties for that age. WOW ! I want to buy the cute cartoon characters and she wants the bikini cut adult ones. Damn ! I'm glad I only have one girl. I'll be gray in no time.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

heeheehee

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a funny funny girl!!

7:31 AM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

When my middle boy was five or six I found he was quickly running out of pairs of jeans. It seems he confused putting his dirty jeans in the hamper for putting his dirty jeans in the big trash can in the garage.

Luckily you cannot confuse boy's jeans for a package of scarves.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter