Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Drinking and Driving

It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining in the bluest of skies, there were just enough pillowy white clouds to be pretty and there was no humidity. I throw the kids and bikes in the truck and we're off to meet friends for a bike ride.

Our ride took us along a river where we were able to peddle with ease on it's paved banks. There was sun and shade in almost equal parts, which made for a very nice journey. Although the humidity was low, it was still on the warm side. So, I did pack a backpack with bottled water and some snacks and left a cooler in the car for us on our return. I must say, it was an amazing ride. We rode for over 7 miles and weren't really aware of it.

We're back at the truck and everyone is hungry and still thirsty. We say our goodbyes and it's off. I had given both, Michael and Mina a bottle of water and I too had one as we headed home. While discussing our adventure everyone had to talk at once, as usual. I looked in the rearview to see them both so excited to talk that I just let them go. Meanwhile, I see a red light ahead and realize I'm approaching traffic. I slow down and was at what I thought was a stop while I took a sip from my water bottle and bam. I rolled into the car in front of me.....a beautiful sports car at that. Me, I'm in a land yacht.....a Suburban. I leap out of the car as did the owner of the sports car and we meet at the bumper. He was an older gentleman, dressed very nicely and all smiles. I smiled back a bit nervously and apologizing profusely. He assured me that it was quite alright, that there was no damage and to please not give it another thought.

Now, I'm wondering....could it have had anything to do with the fact I was dressed in a pair of boy-shorty surf shorts, a cropped fitted tank, flip-flops and wearing just enough glisten everywhere from a long, heated bike ride OR was he just THAT nice?

I'm thinking it had to be, that he was just that nice.

18 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

well, there are nice people out there... (but maybe the outfit helped a bit.) That and I am sure he noticed your adorable kids in the backseat. Glad you and the kids are okay.

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he was just that nice.

Not to mention he probably thought you were Princess Di's sister. (if she had a sister)

11:50 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

Glad it turned out ok and that he was *cough* nice about it.

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he was NICE- down here the ambulance/cops/ and fire trucks would have come- the man would have gotten out of the car holding his neck and head- a week later you would have gotten a letter - suing- well i'm sure you being APOLOGETIC helped too- DID YOU HAVE YOUR KIDS PEAKING OUT THE WINDOWS? i'm glad your day turned out nice- its sounds like fun!!!!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Maybe a little bit of both! Good for you. You gotta love when things like that happen.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

He's either that nice, or that scared of police. Or maybe the outfit. :)

10:47 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Gotta lay off all the water!
LOL - and I bet you looked hot! Literally!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like he was just nice. Glad it was not more serious.

4:37 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Oh no! The last time I did something like that I was petrified, and the people I hit were not near as friendly. I was seven months pregnant (so already emotional) and to top it all off, the guy who's car I scratched, had just gotten back from chemo. Not fun...
Glad yours went much better! Good to know there are still nice people in the world.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Of course he was just nice - to a hot mom!

Oh, and from someone in the legal feild, a little advice: never apologize. It is admitting guilt. No good. :)

6:22 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I'm so glad that it turned out o.k....(I don;t think the short shorts hurt you at all ;)

6:37 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Whatever it was, it looks like you ran into the right guy! I think road rage is way more the norm... glad you're ok!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

LOL- it was the prolly both! hehe...glad it was only a bump though. i've had it happen to me where i was changing the tape in my car (back when they used to have tape changers, remember those?)..and bam! no harm done either, but this chick was as nice.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Ooooh, lucky you, to run into a nice one ... good choice !!
Have a great weekend.
Take care, Meow

10:10 PM  
Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

May be he is so Nice or may be you look kind of Hot. Might be both reasons. LOL!

God bless you.....

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Either way . . . good for you.

The bike ride sounded really nice too. :)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

LOL. Hmm I presume a combination of the two. lol.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo what does this have to do with " Drinking and Driving" you had f-----g water....if you only knew what would could have happened if it was booz.....so never mind about the drinking and driving bit you were not or was it pure vodca you were drinking ...i bet it was stupid site....

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter