Friday, June 23, 2006

Canals

Canal: 1 an artificial waterway for transportation or irrigation. That's what Webster's says they are. There are many of these canals all over the world. There's the Panama, Corinth, Canal de midi, Suez and Rio de la Verona to name a few. Oh, and lets not forget the ROOT canal!

That's the canal I visited the other day, and like many of you know, it's no fun. I mean it certainly wasn't has if I were drifting down a little waterway in Venice, aboard a gondola, being serenaded by a handsome native man all the while wrapped in the arms of my love, staring into a romantic sky.

NO! It was more like being layed out almost completely inverted on a pleather chair, in a room you could hang meat in, while my face was pulled in directions it isn't meant to go and staring into a blinding light. All this, along with the pleasure of gazing into the face of a man behind a clear welders mask, wearing a miners light and so close I could count his nose hairs. He was not alone. His lovely assistant, was also behind goggles and mask and both seemed to take great pleasure in jamming their hands in my mouth and while doing so asked, "could you open any wider?" "WHAT?" I swear, you could have driven a truck in there as it was. But being the cooperative patient I am, I opened wider.

To top off the entire morning, I was informed that my little trip down the canal was going to cost me more than a gondola!

And because the doctors choice for the build up color was blue over white, I will be sporting a real "blue tooth" until I get my crown.

14 Comments:

Blogger hi, it's me! melissa c said...

You probably look so pretty! I swear, the things we do to ourselves. If we were pioneers, we would have just ripped that baby out and been done with it! Ha! (I don't think I would have gone that route myself). I hope it heals fast! Kuddos to you darling!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I've had a lot of dental work but I've never had a blue tooth. At least a crown is coming. :]

5:43 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Oooooh, I hate dentists (shivering with fear!!) :(
Have a not too blue weekend.
Take care, Meow

3:25 AM  
Blogger Melody said...

Yikes....I'll never look at a canal the same way again...:(

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you poor thing - i have never had the opportunity to experience what you did- blue tooth- that must be new- hope you are feeling better- have a nice weekend- hopefully hoeny doesn't have to work-

5:46 AM  
Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

Hmmm , Blue tooth, nw to me, you shuold take a pic of it. *Smiles*

God bless you....

3:07 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Bad, bad kind of canal.
My friend was supposed to have one Friday and cancelled!
Can't blame her.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

ewwwww..dentists..lol. painful in the mouth and the pocket!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Oh. Dear. I so remember that pain.

10:05 AM  
Blogger JeepGirl said...

Yikes, I'm suppose to get a crown too but can't afford it right now. Well thats my reason and I'm sticking to it. My kids teeth come first.
Thanks for the details tho - Haha

12:10 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Aw. What a bummer! But such an accurate description, brought me right back to my own root canal...
...at least you've got a little humor in there to help you deal with it.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

If you are paying enough money for a trip to Venice, you would think they could at least give you a better tooth than blue. Smurfett. Hope your feeling better.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Lisa M. said...

Uh. Oh so sorry. Uck, Uck, Uck

5:30 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

One week no post. You got me concerned. Hope you are well.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter