Friday, July 28, 2006

The Kiss

While sitting outside reading a book, as the kids played and rode their bikes, I wasn't at all prepared nor was surprised with what was going to happen next. Michael coming flying to where I'm sitting, skids to a stop and out of nowhere asks this:

Michael: "Mommy, you know how people kiss tongue to tongue? What country is that from, China?"

Me: (with a huge grin and a giggle) "No, Honey that sort of a kiss is called a French kiss."

Me: "Why?"

Michael: "I don't know, just asking."

Now he's standing there with his tongue stretched out as far as it can go, trying to look at it.

Michael: "Mommy, do kids kiss like that?"

Me: "No Baby, only adults do.....grown ups that are in a relationship, like husbands and wives and mommies and daddies."

Michael: (with wide eyes and a gaping mouth) "Oh man, you kiss Daddy like that?"

Me: (thinking, oh boy) "Um, yes, yes I do."

Michael: "Isn't it weird and feel funny/"

Me: "No, it's really very nice, I love kissing Daddy."

Michael: "Well, does Daddy like it too?"

Me: "Yes he does."

Michael: "But Mommy, we're Italian not French."

Me: (laughing out loud) "Yes, I know but the French people don't mind sharing."

Michael: "Well, how do the French kids kiss?"

Me: (think, think, think!!)

I grab Michael by the face and give him a huge kiss on each cheek and told him that is how the kids are kissed.

Michael: "Ok Mommy, that is how I want you to kiss me from now on."

Me: "Sure Baby, I'll kiss you anyway you'd like because I love kissing you too!"

Whew, I made it through another round of Sex Ed.

19 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Great answer there, Mom! Now you'll get two kisses for the price of one!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Way to think on your feet...

Love the - But we're not French...

3:30 PM  
Blogger Bee Amma said...

you're italian??

5:00 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Why did we think it was a good idea to teach them to speak?

That is so darn funny.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Phain said...

I would have screwed that one up to no end...

7:50 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

Only one thing...The French DO NOT like to share!

He is sooooooo sweeeet!

5:21 AM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Woah...dodged that bullet ; )
I'm actually looking forward to when my kids start asking questions like that, I think it'll be kind of fun...and hopefully I'm not wrong : ) Of course, I'll have to resist the urge to tell them some ridiculous story...

9:28 AM  
Blogger hi, it's me! melissa c said...

That is Hilarious! I love it! You gave great answers. I like that you didn't beat around the bush. I tell my kids the truth too. If they ask it, they deserve to know. You go girl!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Tash said...

That was a great answer....I would have been clueless...my son is so smart I am just waiting for all the questions...I guess I should start preparing :)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Wow that was some quick thinking on your part! LOL thanks for making me laugh today.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Quick thinking! Now, seeing as Little Man isn't even 2 yet and Husband and I are throwing that responsiblity back and forth (yes, already at this young age) we'll call you when the time comes for advice! :-)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

cute.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

Kids 're fun, but when it comes to teach them, then there's alot more to teach. You 'll see.

*Smiles*

4:32 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

LOOOOL!!!!!!!!!! HOW CUTE. Hmm now I wonder how you will eplain to the teacher when he tells her he loves it when mommy french kisses him! LOL :)

7:17 PM  
Blogger Deannna - Younique Presenter said...

thats hilarious! This is what I have to look forward to when my kids get bigger...

7:32 PM  
Blogger Lala's world said...

oh my gosh that is TOO funny!!!

my 4 year old has seen a french kiss somewhere and tried to kiss me like that!! um ya...explaining that to a 4 year old is not easy!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Wow, you did well. It's scary, sometimes, when the kids ask such questions. We gotta be quick thinkers, don't we !!
Take care, Meow

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I overheard a similar conversation, by my 10 year old to his 7 year old sister...
10yo:
"People in france do the "Paris Lick".
7yo:
"ew. dis. gus. ting."
Mom:
"Buddy, it's called "French kiss".
10yo:
"But they're licking each other-no one's actually kissing."
7yo
"Oh. my. gross."
Mom:
*Sigh*

9:00 PM  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I heard my two kids, 7 and 8, girl and boy, talking about French kissing, and I went in there and asked what they were doing.

"We're going to French kiss."

I freaked out, until they demonstrated...

By air kissing each cheek.

Phew. That was a close one.

I like your blog. I am staying up too late to read though!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter