Monday, July 10, 2006

Just a LITTLE gross

OK. I'm not one that's easily skeeved. Growing up, I was into everything that was not girly. Fishing, motorcycle racing, worms, snakes, turtles, skateboarding, snowmobiling, ice hockey, climbing trees, shooting at everything with a BB gun (even my brother) and every farm animal that ever lived. I was around hunting and all that went with it, even spend countless hours on a boat in the middle of the ocean, deep sea fishing. My gosh, I was the biggest tomboy that ever lived.

Now just a wee bit older, I'm afraid I'm still very much the same way. I don't get to do as much but have a love for all the above mention, and still, not easily skeeved. I even coached a girlfriend in childbirth, before I had kids and still I had two. I mean really, having kids you just can't be squeamish. If there is a hole, you can bet at some point there will be something leaking, spewing or running out it. Guaranteed!

BUT, over the weekend the weather was beautiful and even cool at night. We have a huge burn pit out back and Honey decided to build a fire for us to just sit around and roast marshmallows. Fun. I have a terrible habit of running around barefooted and Saturday night was no different. I ripped all the way across the field to retrieve some 'mallows and almost made it, when it happened. On one of my last steps on a rock just before the back door I stepped on what had to be the biggest slug ever. It was smashed on the ball of my foot and came squishing through my toes. Blech! They are the nastiest things. Slimy. Sticky. Gooky.

What's worse, is that I had two little ones waiting with empty sticks. So, I left it there until the end of the evening, at which time I almost needed sandpaper in the shower to get it off. Not any help at all was Honey standing behind me screaming "I have shampoo in my eyes!" Ok, do you get that "I don't care, I have slug on the bottom of my foot!" :)

Yes, even for me....that was a little gross!

12 Comments:

Blogger Foxy said...

ewwwwwwwww- that is gross! we used to sprinkle salt on them suckers when we were kids and watch them shrink away into nothingness..lol. i guess i was somewhat of a tomboy too. :)

7:19 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

He he he...that made me smile.

10:27 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

Effing DISGUSTING!

1:25 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

Yeah that is pretty gross.

Hey I shot my sister with a BB gun when we were younger. I was trying to scare her by shooting at the Hot Wheels she was on but I got her in the back. I was in soooo much trouble. Hey what do you expect when you get the BB gun for Chirstmas. She still won't let me live that down! LOL!

I was a big tomboy growing up. We lived in the country so I was outside all the time.

I guess that is why I ended up with two boys. I am more comfortable with what they like to do.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Bleck. I do believe I would have opted for amputation. :)

6:53 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

LMAO! Sounds just like something I would do after stepping on a slug -the marshmellows are just a wee bit more important after all right?!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

ewww yuck...but marshmallows are more important.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ack. yuk. ohmygosh. yuk.
I'm not easily skeeved either, but egads. yuk.
*holding head over the trashcan*
{shudder}

8:27 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

I was anxiously awaiting the juicy details...then I wished you hadn't shared!! LOL

at summer camp, my friend put her shoes on to use the "biffy" in the middle of the night...got a squished frog AND wet pants instead. now THAT was PRICELESS.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Eeewww, yuck ... that's even worse than standing on a snail barefoot !!
Take care, Meow

9:47 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

That is very icky. I cannot go barefoot in my yard, because for some reason we have snails everywhere. Even if I wear sandals out there, they get stuck under my toes and squish. When I was a kid I caught snakes and anything else that moved slow enough for me to grab it! (no fear!)

2:40 PM  
Blogger hi, it's me! melissa c said...

SOOOOO FUNNY! I was worried as I read that you would step on something painful or dangerous! I was glad it was just a slug in the end!!!!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter