Saturday, October 22, 2005

The best thing I've heard all day

After a day of laundry, super market shopping, volunteering at the school, dinner and packing for a boy scout family over night outing, I was ready for the afternoon to end. I welcomed the setting of the sun and the closing of the shades on one more day.

Sadly enough however, just because the night has set in doesn't mean the day is over by any means. I still had plenty to do and to top it off I lock horns with honey, ugh! Nothing to eventful, we just didn't see eye to eye. Mostly because his eye was closed, the freak.

The kids are in bed and I go do my "tuck ins." Mina was exhausted and just about ready to slip into la-la land, but Michael, well as usual he was still wide awake. Although I knew he too was exhausted he just wanted to talk about his day and anything else that popped into his head. Before I left his room he requested my company, just until he fell asleep. I explained that I had a few more things to do, then I would take a quick shower and come back a check on him. That is just what I did. Immediately after my shower I tip-toed back into his room, lean down to kiss him and laid my cheek on his. He reaches up, places his hand on my face, and in a voice full of sleep and so sweet that it made me cry he said "oh mommy, you smell so pretty." He never said another word, he was fast asleep. Perfect way to end the day.



Sweet Dreams


"Children have more energy after a hard day of play than they do after a good night's sleep."

- R. F Gumperson

13 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Oh I just love your blogs. You capture wonderful moments of your children....

9:59 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

You smell so pretty, Mommy.

Oh yes, you do!

Love.

xoxo

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh- how sweet- i honestly think you sleep with your camera - you are always there to CAPTURE that moment - i must say though - out of all your pictures - michael never has a bad "hair" day- he looks so precious it that picture-i hope honey open that one eye and thought you smelled GOOD TOO!

5:41 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

aww what a wonderful end to the day! so sweet.

6:05 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

That is so sweet! Love those moments.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

nothing nothing more beautiful than watching your child sleeping.
sweet photo.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

oh, those are the precious moments, when they finally fall out! man does it take hard work to get them there though, usually i am equally exhausted and go right along with them...lol

3:39 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Isn't it special how boys love their mommies?? That is so sweet!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Berry Chick said...

ugh, that is great!!
I love those special sweet moments...
that pic is adorable!

8:09 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Your son has beautiful eye lashes...why is it that the boys always get the long eyelashes? Great post - and I love those momma moments, and you seem to capture them perfectly. Thanks for a great post!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

awwwwwwwww... so sweet.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

That has got to be the sweetest thing I've ever heard! Such a sweet child!

2:03 AM  
Blogger Andi said...

That brought a tear to my eye. How beautiful!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter