Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A husband was heard saying...

Just for the record, it wasn't mine. However, he is NOT at all beyond spewing such genius, but this time he is in the clear. This oh so sensitive hubby states:

Because my job is so much harder, I spend a lot of hours doing it and I make the most money, I am entitled to free time. I shouldn't have to watch the kids. I need my own time.

So, now where do I start? Someone help me. I need help. WHERE do I begin? My response was WHAT? At that very moment, it was all I could muster. Because my husband has spent his fair share of time donning the sign that says "shhh, genius at work"I am somewhat familiar with these moronic statements. When I hear things like this, I expect to look outside and see Fred and Wilma Flintstone as my neighbors.

I say: When he ejects a 5-9 pound anything from any orifice of his body, he might be close to being able to open his mouth. AND I don't care which hole he picks. It could be the nose, coolie anywhere, because it won't be any harder than where our 9 pounders come from. Not only does he have to do that, he will NEVER be able to sleep again. Never, will he be able to close his eyes and fall into the near death coma, he calls sleep. Not without concerning himself that he may not hear the thing that has permanently disfigured his body. He will also, no longer have 8-10 hour work days. I know, because the last time I put my kids in the closet at the end of my 8 hour shift, the child protective services frowned on that. They let me off with a slap on the wrist, and made me promise to not do it again. There are NO ends to the work day OR week. You are on the clock every single second. All of that on top of having to care for the house, your spouse, budgeting and anything else that involves the family. The thing that I know HE will love best, is it will all be done for FREE! That's right, free. Nobody will be scribing out a check at the end of the week that has his name on it. His services will be on the house.

So. Could you please tell me what in the name of all that is right, is this idiot talking about? He needs free time because he works so much, at a job that is so hard. Fella's you have NO idea what hard work IS!!


"For a marriage relationship to flourish, there must be intimacy. It takes an enormous amount of courage to say to your spouse, "This is me. I'm not proud of it -- in fact, I'm a little embarrassed by it -- but this is who I am."

-Bill Hybels quotes

15 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

I think some men bitch about having to watch the kids more than others because deep down they know that a mother's job is unbelievably harder than anything they'll have to do. It's their way of getting attention and pity. "Feel sorry for me because I get to leave this house everyday and talk to actual adults IN PERSON and eat lunch without getting food thrown at my face, and make decisions about things that have nothing to do with diapers, feeding times, baths, house cleaning, supper time, or anything else that even comes close to resembling what happens at the REAL job....HOME!!!"

Yeah like I'll ever feel sorry for those reasons!

P.S. I know some men's jobs are tough, but think of it this way. Once your 8-12 hours are over, the job goes away. Being a mother means the job comes to you if you don't go to it.

8:36 PM  
Blogger chase said...

daughters 13 and every single night since i have moved into this new house i think about her being so far from my room and worry if she's ok...it never ends for a mother, fathers worry about work, food, tv, food, fun, food..maybe the kids sometimes....what a jerk

10:27 PM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

Amen sister! I don't think they fully understand what we do. That it is 24/7.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Prince Charming didn't get it until I made him do it for a while.

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to get this. And, my dh did work hard, only he got to leave his job. I lived my "job" 24/7 and even had to vacation with my responsibilities.

You should figure out how much your services are worth in cash and present him w. a bill. That might give him a clue....

6:32 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Amen, sister.

My husband would never say this, for fear of being smothered in his sleep, but I know he thinks it.

Or at least, he acts like he does!

6:58 AM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

It is a funny story, but I'm glad that I can't relate. My husband works all day, then comes home to relieve me of my duties for a while. I know he can take some things for granted, but then again, that's a two way street.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Lammy said...

TOTALLY CAN RELATE HERE... not in so many words...but total body language.
The other thing I can't stand is that it is called "BABYSITTING" when the mom goes out and leaves the children for the husband.
HUH?!
Thanks for the chuckle.

9:07 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Amen!!!!
My Hubby used to say I have it easy - because he was home in the mornings with kids (had to get them to daycare by NOON) and I had them alone at night - so I had it easy -I am sorry - after working a 10 hour day a 3 and 5 year are not easy... Now he is home at night, and for the first 2 weeks, made him do bedtime all by himself... now he is wondering if we could go back to the old schedule - getting them up is much easier than putting them to bed.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

i'll never forget the day my hubby said to me .."i work longer hours than you, that's why when i come home, i need to unwind." oh man did i chew him out! "UNWIND? UNWIND? Do you realize that I too work all day and then have to come home to my second full time job? Like cooking a meal for our girls, bathing our girls, playing with them, homework, putting them to bed? DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT UNWIND! When the hell do WE get to unwind?? lol- sorry this subject makes me hot- lol...there should be some kind of law that demands fathers like the one you mentioned to have to stay home with the kids at least till they know better than to make stupid comments like that. ok, i'm done..lol

12:34 PM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

MY HUBBY HAS TOLD ME THAT HE WORLS AT HIS OFFICE, THEN COMES HERE TO HELP ME WORK..OH MY GOSH..I WANTED TO TAKE HIS BALLS AND SERVE THEM TO HIM A PLATTER...

2:33 PM  
Blogger Chairborne Stranger said...

Thanks for visitng my blog!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Aud*2020 said...

WOW. That's about all I can say about that. I would have no tolerance whatsoever if a man said such a thing to me. I would grab the keys and say "hasta luego" for a few hours. Fortunately, we make it a co-partner project. I try to put my son down for a nap right before my husband gets home so we can unwind together. But I know the nap days shall soon pass...

10:05 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

Give him free. Here is the divorce papers. Oh yeah it will cost you the house, child support, the children's education and because it's such an easy job, alimony!

3:45 AM  
Blogger Melis said...

Gotta throw my 2 cents out there.. LOL Not only do they not realize that it's 24/7/365, but they also don't realize that if they have a stressful day, it's with **drumroll** ADULTS! People that on some level they can reason with! Not with kids, that a lot of times are too young for you to even understand what, if anything, they are upset about! Give those men a week in our shoes, I say! Betcha they'll have a completely different view!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter