Saturday, October 15, 2005

Hot waxed

Ok, it wasn't hot, but I was waxed. Dang, dang, DANG and it hurt. What is it with adhering a strip of paper to your face with super glue and then RIPPING it off? OUCH!!! Yesterday was my first waxing experience, and I'll have you know that the great pain was administered by my best friend, Salena.

I'm sitting at the computer minding my own business when Salena says, "come on, lets wax your lip." No way was my first response, but then gave in. Why, I ask you, WHY?? I will be the first to admit that I'm a little on the hairy side. I mean, I don't look like a wolf man or Elvis with the sideburns, but I do have my fair share. I'm thankful that the most of it is blond. Really, my face is fuzzy not hairy, I look like a peach. Yes that's it, a peach with eyes, some ears and a little extra on top.

I agree, and Salena warms up the strips. I knew it was going to hurt, but I should have realized just how much when I saw her all excited about doing it. She looked and was acting like Dr. Jekyll in her preparation and application. Me being the trusting soul I am, I let her continue. She presses the strip to my fuzzy lip and says "are you ready?" Oh crap, I guess, was my answer. She grabs the strip, holds my face and rips what feels like the first three layers of skin from my lip. I swear, I thought she took my entire lip, never mind the hair. I fully expected that when I looked in the mirror I would see my teeth, and I wasn't smiling.

Now, I had to do the other side. Yikes! I suggested that we just leave it, but I knew that wasn't happening. She said "what, you want to look like Victor/Victoria?" Yeah. Sure. Why not? I just don't want to do THAT again. "Quit being such a puss and come on, we have to do it." This is what she said and reluctantly, I agreed. Ugh!

All done and smooth as a baby's coolie. Was is it worth it? I guess. Will I do it again? Who knows? It's either that or look like this. Only without the cigar.

Groucho Marx

"I had beautiful wavy hair and a waxed mustache."

- Curly Howard

7 Comments:

Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I have had waxing done but only professionally. It is tough but some people are better at making it less painful than others.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

i felt your pain. will u do it again...have my babe in arms, can't type question marks or upper case...

10:28 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

hi fuzzy lips no more- lol...i usually get my eyebrows done cuz if not they start to look BUSHY..and i did my lips once too, but saw no difference and then i was afraid that like my eyebrows, would get thicker the more i waxed...so beware, you might go from being peach fuzzed to wolf woman! lol..have a good weekend. :)

12:21 PM  
Blogger chase said...

I switched from plucking to waxing brows a few years ago, when i went in the shop girls would say "I want my eyebrows like hers and the little korean lady would be ticked cause she knew I plucked them, lol. then last year i devolped an allergy, dunno if its from the wax or the snatch off, but whenever I got them done, my eyebrow earea would blow up with hives, and it wouldnt go down for hours. So it's back to the pluck for me. I'm considering electric hair removal for the upper lip though, i hate it so.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

LOL poor woman!! I waxed my eyebrows once...I can say without conviction...it ain't NEVER happening again!!!!!

LOL my condolensces.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Norman said...

http://iamnorman.blogspot.com/2005/09/one-womans-tale-of-woe-not-me.html


Oh girl friend... cut & paste the above link and go read!! I posted this back in September. Sorry I don't know how to make it clickable in this post...

I know you'll be able to relate to it!

norm!

3:01 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

OUCH - I only wax my brows... am toooo chicken to do my upper lip - doesn't need it yet (at least I don't think it does!)...

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter