Monday, October 03, 2005

Stage Whispers

That noise, what is it? Who's talking? Oh my word, my little balls of sunshine are awake and ready to start the day. Unfortuneately, none of the adults in the house are. For the past two nights I have gone to bed at the most ridiculous hours. Last night it was 3:45a and the night before that, it was 3:00a, insane I know. I pry my eye (yes, my one eye, that is all I could muster) open to see the time but still wasn't ready to get out of bed.

Since the east wing of the house is under construction my guest, Salena has been staying in the den on the pull out sofa. So where do the balls of sunshine decide to play? LOL yes, that would be correct, under the sofa bed right underneath her head. I hear them talking but have no idea what they are saying. I don't know how I couldn't have, they were whispering so loud they may as well have been talking. Salena turned out to be awake and this is what she heard. "No. You do it. No you do it. No I'm not, YOU." She felt like something was in her hair, she sits up and reaches for the top of her head. There was a huge hair clip attached to he ponytail. The kids burst into laughter and scurried from under the bed. In a stage whisper of her own, she demanded the kids take what they were doing and go to one of their rooms. Knowing that their young little lives depended on it, they did as they were told and did it fast. The adults got to roll over one more time.

I hear their feet blazing down the hall and try to guess where they are going. Oh man, it mine and honey's room this time. Quickly, I close my eyes and pretend I'm sleeping. Like that really matters. Good, in the bathroom they go, whew that was close.

OK, I sometimes assist in the coolie wiping department, so I wasn't surprised to overhear what I did. Again in the stage whisper, "Tyler go ask Mommy. No you. No I'm not, YOU." Then out comes Mina, "Mommy...." Already knowing what she was going to ask I say "No, Michael you do it yourself this morning." I cut her off mid-sentence. You have got to be kidding me. Get out of a cozy warm bed to do THAT, I'm NOT! Apparently all went well, I heard the flush and water running for the wash and out they ran.

Early mornings are not on my list of favorites, but if I had to been wakened what a great way to do it. With the stage whispers of my sweet little ones and their carrying on.



"We spend the first twelve months of our children's lives teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve telling them to sit down and shut up."

-Phyllis Diller

5 Comments:

Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I love being awoken by Belle singing in the room next to mine.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

balls of sunshine...LOL

12:06 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

I love it... Sunday I really really wanted to sleep - and those little "balls of sunshine" just kept coming back and waking me up... silly kids.

Have a great day.

12:12 PM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

I guess we get to sleep in when they move out of the house. LOL. Hope you have a great day!

12:55 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

coolie wiping?! LMAO!

I often pretend to be asleep. Sometimes I can't keep a straight face when my son throws his "blankelets" on my face and proceeds to "snuggle mommy"!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter