Wednesday, September 28, 2005

This little piggy went to market....

...and this little piggy stayed home. My husband made the big announcement Sunday after church that he would be going to the supermarket to pick up a couple things. I'm thinking "great, go ahead, knock yourself out." Mina came home not feeling to well and immediately after changing her clothes feel asleep. Needless to say I wasn't going, really I wasn't going anyway.

He grabs Michael and they are off. Just has he was leaving he asked if there was anything I needed. I told him not anything that I couldn't live without, just get the necessities. OK, two things, first he left the house without and list and second I've learned that his necessities are much different than mine. (I truly don't know how single men survive!)



Yes I just had to picture IT!

Lets see, there is cake, a few of the cans of soup which there was at least 62. What else? Ah yes, Pop tarts, several jars of condiments, yes a pair of slippers and of course the ever need DEER SCENT!! (the small bottles in front) My Lord am I glad I do the shopping.


While Mrs. Doubtfire was out shopping I did a couple things around here and yes one of those things was watch a little football. Mina woke feeling better so we had a bite for lunch, then I realized that they have been gone for sometime, where did they go? Just then the phone rang, it was honey calling to tell me to open the door. (who the heck do I get to call to open the door when I shop? Incredible!!) As he begins to unload the truck with a ridiculous amount of bags I wonder, WTH?? Then I see it, the bags say WalMart. Oh my word, he has been to super WalMart without a list, a blank check and he was hungry. I break out in a cold sweat quickly calculating exactly what was in the checkbook, lol. The kitchen was all a buzz almost like we were planning a party as we unpacked the bags. I am now examining the purchases and wonder were are the necessities ? The bread, milk, lunch things for the kids, napkins the staples? The things that help us survive, to maintain our existence? I could no longer help myself, I asked him "honey, WHAT did you buy?" He rambles on with excitement all the things he bought. I'm like "THESE are necessities?" Trying to defend his purchases I hold up my hand and told him that it was fine. As long as he got what he wanted there was absolutely no explanation needed. I mean he is just as free to shop for things as I am, however I'm glad he does not shop for the survival of the family, lol!

The only thing I got out of that trip was that I didn't have to accompany him, I HATE that place.

"Ever consider what pets must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul - chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!"

- Anne Tyler

10 Comments:

Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

oh, that is too funny! My husband never deviates from the shopping list, and I can never stick to the list! We're hopeless!

could you do my shopping too? thanks.

11:16 PM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

LOL...when I send my hubby to the store with a list..he always forgets at least 2 items..but havs about 20 items that were not on the list..and crap noone would eat anyway...

but bought it because it was on sale..LOL

6:04 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

I hate sending my husband because he never gets the essentials and always spends too much.

That is so funny!!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

omg- i'm cracking up- this is true of allot of men i think..specially mine. even tho i hate grocery shopping i go, because i know if i let him, he'll come back with all the wrong things...it's almost like he does it on purpose just so he doesn't have to go! men......lol

8:07 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

That is too funny! sounds like what happens when Prince Charming goes shopping without a list. It is a game to guess what he will come home with.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! My husband spends a fortune also. I do wish he went more, cuz i hate to go.

10:31 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

oh - I know and if Hubby comes with when we go to the store we end up with lots of junk!

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why I shop alone...yeah with nobody else (sounds like a song...)

Michele sent me!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

My husband is the same way but there are times I think where the heck does he find this stuff and I live in the grocery store and do not see it.

But you see, my husband is the better cook than I. I can burn water literally!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

My husband will NEVER EVER do the shopping again. He went ONE time without me right after I gave birth to our youngest...he spent over $100 on NOTHING! Nothing but junk food! Of everything he bought I couldn't even put together a meal. One thing that floored me was this....I check the receipt....he payed $5.79 for TWO tomatoes! Men should be banned from grocery stores.

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter