Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Bagless

NO! Not my honey he has me, remember. I talking about my Bissell dual edged cleaning, maximum 12amp powered, 7 height adjustable, wide path vacuum cleaner, the ultimate sucking machine. This amazing piece of cleaning equipment came highly recommended from the guru of house keeping himself, my husband. For those of you who have not had the esteemed pleasure of meeting the greatest husband in the world, the one who knows virtually everything there is to know about EVERYTHING, you'll have to use your imagination. (how did I ever get so lucky?) I must say though you are truly missing the impact of the wisdom that was bestowed on me that afternoon on aisle 6 of WalMart. (PLEASE!) The only thing I asked him was when the freak was the last time he invited the vacuum to dance? I'd really like to know what makes him such the expert!! Well, I think we all know the answer to that, he can pee standing UP!

I have never gone bagless before and really I could care less. As long as when I plug it in it sucks, I'm happy. After his big to do sermon I said "fine, get it." I just didn't have the heart to tell him anything else.



Isn't she a beauty?




I'm not sure I was prepared for such an experience. Since I've only had the bagged versions of these things and NEVER, ever was one to go through the bag looking for something, it was quite a surprise. I mean, if it found it's way into the bag it's gone. It may as well have gotten suck off the face of the earth because it will never be seen again. With this contraption you see every single thing that gets sucked in and you actually have to empty the container, it's not SO bad. However, it does raise a question. Where in the world does all that crap come from? I'm far from anal about my house but I am a very regular house keeper and cleanliness is important to me. I'm hear to tell you that you would never know it by looking at the bagless. Mr. B. and I are great friends too, we dance very regularly, so I don't understand and we don't have any indoor pets. (of the four legged variety anyway) Yet every time I empty the thing it looks like the world's biggest hair ball and the dust. The dust is so fine that if it were white I believe people may even try snorting it up their nose. So again, WHERE does it comes from and WHY is there so much of it. One waltz around the house and I'm emptying it out. I don't get it, I just don't.




Nasty, huh?


So, if you are ever trying to convince someone that you are an efficient house keeper I recommend that the bagless be nowhere in sight.

"Children really brighten up a household - they never turn the lights off."

-Ralph Bus

10 Comments:

Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

LOL! Our old Dirt Devil died a few weeks ago and we were not able to buy a new one right away, so I borrowed my friends bagless. We've stupidly gotten puppies not to long ago and OH MY! what a horrid bagless mess! I was embarassed to say the least. I couldn't stand emptying the thing because it made the hugeist (not a word) mess! I emptied it straight into the outdoor trashcan and all those fine particles and dog hairs blew all over me. I had to take a shower afterwards. Needless to say, I now own another Dirt Devil. And I have never been happier.

7:27 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

now that was just rude. why would you go and post a pic like that? I know the things that are in my vaccuum, i just choose to pretend it doesn't exist.

thank.you.very.much.

; )

8:08 PM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

bagless vacumes are the best..

i would not no what 2 do without it:)

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ICK! It is so disgusting what goes into the vaccum. I couldn't go bagless, due to being allergic to housework, I mean dust. ;)

4:32 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

I want a new vaccuum...but then what would be my excuse for not using it? lol... I use my hoover on a every other day basis, constantly changing the bags, and our house never seems clean...maybe it's time to get rid of the carpet! yeah...that's what we'll do!

5:51 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Too funny. I used to have a bagless too. I loved him until he broke.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

still undecided- bagless or not? lol i'm happy with my hoover for the time being, i remember shopping for one and seeing the bagless ones- i was scared to buy one..looked too high tech for me..lol

8:20 AM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

Momma - yeah, I'm with you. I say rip it the heck out!

Vani - they are not high tech at all, really very easy and they do save on the bag cost. If you could get by the nasty of it they are great...lol!

miss - it was sorta rude, huh? LOL!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

OMG! That's too funny! I'm gonna ask Santa for a bagless!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I have a purple Dyson, and I've never enjoyed vacuuming as much as I do now. I love the wow factor!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter