Thursday, September 29, 2005

The tale of the fairy princess

From the time we are old enough to understand as little girls we are read and told stories about the beautiful Princess'. The ones that are swept away by the oh so handsome Prince. How they are cherished and loved, cared for and the men would gladly give his life for the fair maiden. The princess' are all lovely, thin with long flowing hair and clothes that were hand tailored just for them. The kind sir would eventually wed this pure lovely and he would care for her all the days of her life. Doing so in a fine castle that was fully staffed to provide for her every need.


Well, you know what? It's a lie, a big fat freakin' LIE! Kiss a frog and it turns into the man of your dreams. Come ON!! I, like I'm sure many of you, have kissed my share of frogs. Not only did they NOT turn into a handsome Prince the majority of them where actually morons. (maybe it was just my poor selection in frogs) However, I truly love my prince with all that I am but the fact remains, he is a guy and therefore a FROG!


So now being all so enlightened, I think I may started reading this story to my little Mina girl...
Once upon a time,
~~~~~~~~
in a land far away,
~~~~~~~~
a beautiful, independent,
~~~~~~~~
self-assured princess
~~~~~~~~
happened upon a frog as she sat,
~~~~~~~~
contemplating ecological issues
~~~~~~~~
on the shores of an unpolluted pond
~~~~~~~~
in a verdant meadow near her castle.
~~~~~~~~
The frog hopped into the princess' lap
~~~~~~~~
and said: Elegant Lady,
~~~~~~~~
I was once a handsome prince,
~~~~~~~~
until an evil witch cast a spell upon me.
~~~~~~~~
One kiss from you, however,
~~~~~~~~
and I will turn back
~~~~~~~~
into the dapper, young prince that I am
~~~~~~~~
and then, my sweet, we can marry
~~~~~~~~
and set up housekeeping in your castle
~~~~~~~~
with my mother,
~~~~~~~~
where you can prepare my meals,
~~~~~~~~
clean my clothes, bear my children,
~~~~~~~~
and forever
~~~~~~~~
feel grateful and happy doing so.
~~~~~~~~
That night,
~~~~~~~~
as the princess dined sumptuously
~~~~~~~~
on lightly saut'eed frog legs
~~~~~~~~
seasoned in a white wine
~~~~~~~
and onion cream sauce,
~~~~~~~~
she chuckled and thought to herself:
~~~~~~~~
I don't think so.


On second thought, my sweet Mina is such a girlie girl, so taken by the Princess and all her beauty. To steal her joy or taint her innocent imagination just doesn't seem right. So for now, I will continue on with the fairy princess stories has we know them. For I do believe it won't be long before she discovers that boys really are frogs.



"Times fun when you are having flies"
-Kermit the Frog

11 Comments:

Blogger Aud*2020 said...

That's too funny! But a very, very good rendition of "once upon a time." If I had a girl I'd surely have to tell her that version!

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you make this up yourself? I love it--very creative . . . and very realistic! :)

9:31 PM  
Blogger Spock said...

HAHAHAHAHA I love it!! Unfortunatly I didn't fry him up...I married him. Here from Michele's, will be back!

5:48 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

I am saving this for when Baby Girl is a little older so she knows what to do with those frogs....

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA..... Loved it... you always make me laugh...

5:53 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

First, thank you for visiting my blog and commenting! I like finding new blog friends.

Second, this was great! I am of the same mindset as you when it comes to the Fairy Tale. Oh and the Kermit the Frog quote, priceless.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Christie... said...

I think we are missing the point. We need to be reading our "own" fairy tales to the little men in our lives. So let Michael know early what will be expected of him and how he can become a prince without becoming a frog...
LOL

7:04 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

I made a story for Brenna about a beautiful princess and a not-so-beautiful witch who takes her body because she thinks it will make evryone like her. Maybe I'll share it on my blog. Thanks for visiting!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your story! I keep telling my girls that they need to earn their own dollars and not depend on the guy.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

this was so great and funny and true! no, don't burst her bubble yet...its the kind of thing you have to ease into as they get older. let her have her prince charming dreams...lol so sad how far fetched they really are though, huh? :)i always hope that by the time they reach our age things in this world will be changed around- maybe that is just my fantasy. :(

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are all just frogs, but sometimes you luck out and get a good one. This grandma hopes she gets the very best one in the pond.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FRY THEM UP!!!!!!!!!!!! What would we do without our frogs? and yes vic - we have seen plenty of them-

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter