Saturday, February 10, 2007

I'm not really this insensitive

The death of Anna Nicole Smith is everywhere. Splashed across every news stand, in the news, and taking up air time on special programming, 20/20 etc. And WHY?! Just because she was Anna Nicole Smith? Not a good enough reason.

She was a person and a young person at that, so death is sad, very sad. However, there are more things in this life that touch me, move me to the point of taking action, or just plain sadden me. And I have to say the death of a fast living, drug addicted, self-centered playmate of the year in not one of them. She totally mapped out her own road to destruction by the life she chose to live. Her fame brought about by her blond hair, body and her public display of stupidity! Her popularity, a product of society's emptiness.

The true tragedy is the baby girl she left behind with the men claiming to be her father. My gosh, with 400+ million dollars waiting, who wouldn't make such a claim? I wouldn't be a bit surprise to see a woman step forward, claiming she was her lesbian lover, they were artificially inseminated and she is the rightful guardian. It's all such garbage. Sure I feel badly for the rightful father but I'd love to know if this child came with health issues, ridiculous debt instead of wealth or some other crutch would everyone be so eager to claim this little one? I wonder.

There are so many things in the world that are unjust, that it's hard to feel sorry for someone who has spent their life playing Russian Roulette and finally found the chamber with the bullet.

10 Comments:

Blogger Aisha said...

AMEN!!!!! My sentiments exactly. I was shocked to hear of her death b/c it came so unexpectedly but at the same time what about mothers in dar fur whose lives are completely forgotten but who spent their lives honorably and dignified trying to do the best with what they got? I understand her death is sad. Death is sad and it is a shame that her daughter is now motherless. And the stuff she'll google as she grows older to know what her mother was what was she was. But people who are holding memorials and vigils, who NEVER EVEN KNEW HER... its just a bit sad.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I think it is truly sad that so many men are looking to claim this child when what it seems they really want is the money bag attached to her. I wonder how well any of these men will care for her and love her or will they simply love her money?

6:36 AM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

She's the modern American fable. Truth is stranger than fiction, ya know?

9:24 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

One can only hope that the little girl will be loved, for being a sweet little girl not her millions. The poor thing.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I totally agree. My sadness about the whole deal is definitely focused on the poor baby, I hope her health (mental and otherwise) is somehow spared in the wake of all of this. I hope she is able to attach to a responsible, caring, and present adult.

10:04 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

Oh I do feel sooo bad for the baby girl. What a rotten way to come into the world.

hey, maybe Madonna will adopt her? Or Angelina and Brad--I hear they're in the market...

if you call your post insensitive, then I must be on my way down too!! ; )

12:21 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

I tend to agree with what you have written ... I'm sure many people are thinking the same way. Well said.
Hope you have a Happy Valentines Day.
Take care, Meow

1:08 AM  
Blogger hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I agree with you. It is so sad but the child will be the one to pay. They always are.

3:03 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

I think I am the baby's father. And um, it's almost FIVE Million dollars. Oh, we were lesbian lovers too. :)

8:18 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

Oops. I meant Five HUNDRED Million dollars.

Yep - I'm definitely the father.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter