Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What's in your future?

The stare. This evening I got the stare from Mina. While in the kitchen this little serious faced six year old looks and me and says.......

Mina: "Mommy, you know I can tell what your going to be when you grow up, just by looking at you."

Me: "Is that right?"

Mina: "I can see you are going to be a doctor or a teacher."

Me: (smiling at her great confidence in me) "Honey, I'm already grown up and am what I'm going to be. Your and Michaels Mommy."

Mina: "Hm, let me look again."

Me: "OK, look closely."

Mina: "Oh, I see that you are going to be a Granny or an old woman, then you will die."

Me: (Laughing hysterically!) "My goodness, REALLY?"

Mina: "Yup!!"

Maybe I shouldn't have asked her to look so close. I think I'd have rather been left at a teacher.

13 Comments:

Blogger Real Live Lesbian said...

I agree with Mina. I think you're going to be a teacher! XOXO

5:44 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

She's good!
All I know is I'm not going to ask her to predict my future.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Aisha said...

LOL. Wow. I'd have stuck with teacher too :) She tried to keep it short and sweet but you made her look deeper, lol :)

11:34 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Your kids are amazing ... they say the greatest things. Thanks for sharing.
Take care, Merry Christmas ... Meow

4:49 AM  
Blogger hi, it's me! melissa c said...

how cute. at least you know she is probably right and that is IS attainable!

9:23 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

We are heading out so I just wanted to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

geeeez, you gotta love the humor! lol...hope you have a Merry Christmas. :)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and your family..

8:40 PM  
Blogger eatmisery said...

I just wanted to wish you a happy and safe holiday!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Laney said...

Merry Christmas girl!!

Laney

9:51 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

You never know, Pan's teacher is only in her 3rd year of teaching...she became a teacher after her daughter became one. Mrs. R is the greatest! Maybe Mina knows something you don't!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I hope you had a great Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Too funny! Have a Happy New Year!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter