Monday, November 20, 2006

You say potato, I say pototo...

I'm at the kitchen table folding clothes, while Michael sits across from me building who knows what with Leg-o's! It was some sort of flying machine, with guns, missiles and anything else that could possibly cause destruction. Apparently, all his creating sapped him of nourishment...

Michael: "Mom, I feel like a like snack."

Me: "You do? What do you feel like Buddy?"

Michael: "I don't know, do we have any of those puddings?"

Me: "Sure!"

And, because they were in a place he was unable to reach, I went and got one. I come back with chocolate......

Michael: "Mom, I'd rather have a vanilla one."

Me: "Oh, Baby I don't have anymore vanilla, but chocolate's not so bad."

He takes it without saying a word. Well, without any words I could understand. I go back to folding my clothes and I hear....

Michael: "Ch, ch-awww-c." (and repeat)

Me: "Michael, what are you saying?"

Michael: "Nothing!" (giggling)

Me: "Don't give me that. What were you just saying?" (laughing)

Michael: "Ch-awwww-colate! That's what I was saying."

At first, it didn't occur to me what he said. Then it hit me!!

Me: "OMGosh, were you making fun of how I say chocolate? Oh man, you were totally making fun of me!!" (laughing hysterically)

Michael: (beside himself, with head on the table, unable to speak laughter) "Oh Mooommyyyy! That is so funny, ch-awwwwww-colate."

Ok, being from NY it's true, that is exactly the way I say chocolate. And yes, I suppose it sounds funny to a little boy who says it like someone who was born and being raise in the South.

Today my son realize that he and his sister sound different than his father and me. What I love about it is, he was actually quick enough to make fun of me over it. That's my boy!!

8 Comments:

Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

Oh I love it! I was just teasing the Tiny one earlier for saying "Baaaybee" (a sure sign we've been in the Sayouth too long!!)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Kids sure are fun, aren't they !!
Hope you have a great week.
Take care, Meow

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is too cute! Little Princess was laughing hysterically at the television the other day when a cooking show was on, I asked her about it and she was laughing at the way the English cook was saying the word salt. Too much fun.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Melody said...

Ohhh...how quickly they learn to make fun of their parents...EVERY chance they get...haha

5:02 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

that is tooo cute! Pan makes fun of me for the way I say certain words - Dt. Cooooke is one of them - But I can't see what's wrong with it.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh--he is a quick one! :)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I still laugh at the way my mom says things, and my girls, in turn, laugh at me.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee...I can't wait for the day my kids start to make fun of me. (Lord knows I'm already makin' fun of them *wink*)
How's your week coming?

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter