Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Oh, how I LOVE them!

It's rainy and miserable, but far be it for us to stay in. So, we're off. It's banking, post office and almost against my better judgment (because I have the kids), some returns to deal with, along with using up a gift card. I mean, how bad can it be?

I'm browsing, picking up, holding out, himming and hawing, while believe it or not my two knuckle heads are doing the same thing. "Mommy, what about this?" "Hey, is this ok?" Quite the little shoppers. But poor Michael, clueless. I mean if it doesn't have wheels and a motor he has not idea, still he tried.

I gather up a few articles and head to the fitting room. Yes, we all cram into our little box. I just would never leave them where I couldn't see them. So it begins. On/off, on/off, on/off. Naturally, the kids think it's the funniest thing ever but still they are both being very helpful. Michael holding the clothes I want to try on, Mina holding the ones I want to keep and me, discarding the "Oh my GOSH nos!" As I'm standing there in my skimpwear, I see Michael shake his head. I know exactly what he's thinking and dared not venture on in a conversation. Instead, I forge ahead in my fitting. I slip on a great pair of low-rise, button fly, cargo pants that happen to be my favorite color, Army green. I get them on....Oh, they're feelin' good, I think I have a winner. I put my belt on, to make sure it will fit the loops and turn to look in the mirror. And yes, yes, the first thing I do (like every other woman) is turn and check out the rearview. After all, that is the most important view. I'm turning back and forth and as if he read my mind, my sweet, handsome, big eyed boy says......."Oh Mommy, those pants make your coolie look great! I think you should get them!" While giggling, I put on a nice, fitted, V-neck, three quarter sleeve sweater, that I would say is in the taupe family as far a color. Mina agreed with Michael on the pants and said "Mommy, I don't like the color of that sweater, but I love the way it looks. It makes your stomach look SO flat!!"

So, you see why I just LOVE them. I swear, if I ever need a little pick me up, I'll just bring my kids along while trying on clothes.

Ah Michael, to have learned so young. When he's older and his girlfriend asks "Honey, do these jeans make my butt look fat?" Without hesitation he'll say "No way Baby, your coolie looks great!" He has no idea the lesson he's learned.

Side note: Naturally, Mina didn't like the color of the sweater. That's because it wasn't pink, studded with rhinestones and ladened in sequins.

7 Comments:

Blogger Foxy said...

LOL, my oldest would of loved a pink one with "sparkles" too. :)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

LOL!!! That is TOO funny!!!! How cute!! (But I don't think I would have been able to finish the shopping; I'd be laughing too much!).
The clothes sound great!!

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You trained them up right! And I'm with you- IF I even try on any clothes (I usually just pick my normal size and return them if they don't work), I find the largest fitting room I can find and bring my kidlets in with me!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Lisa M. said...

Oh neat! What training!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Too cute! I am sure by the time Little Man is able to do that I'll hear something like, "What is growing on your stomach?" and, "Is your butt pregnant?" :-)

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute! You gotta love shopping with little ones who have so much to add. LOL I love it.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

That is so cute. I think he needs to come and teach my son since I don't think my husband will do THAT good of a job!
too cute at the coolie name. hehe

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter