Friday, November 17, 2006

What better reason to be loved!

Standing in the hall among a sea of kids, I'm directing traffic when I see a little third grade girl running towards me. She crashes into me without ever slowing down, throws her arms around my waist, burying her face in my stomach then says..."I love you, I love you, I love!" I give her a big squeeze and told her that I loved her too. Then, she looks up at me and asks, "You know why I love you so much?" A little baffled, I said, "No, why?" After sticking her nose to my shirt and taking a huge whiff she says "Oh, because you always smell SOOO good!!" Of course I laugh, then give her a kiss on the top of her head and send her on to class. A great way to start any day.

Really, is there any better reason to be loved? :):)

6 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

That's so sweet. I love smelling good, but I don't think I achieve it that often. :(

12:18 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

LOL how cuuute!

Didnt you doa post a while back on that being a pet peeve? poorly smelling people? She must read your blog ;0)

1:23 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

awe, that is SO SWEET. I wouldn't be able to let her go to school for the rest of the day after a comment like that...

I would hold on for dear life!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

That is a sweet little girl - what a great way to start a day!

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww any reason to have a child run at you and hug you is a good reason! sooo sweet!

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really sweet! Smells...are really underated I think.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter