Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Out, out, OUT!!

It doesn't happen often. I mean, it really happens almost never. But, this Saturday morning it did, and it was oh so welcomed! Honey was actually out of the sack before me, on a weekend!! I mean up, dressed, wrangled the kids into the kitchen, fed them, had them get dressed, brush their teeth, everything. Keeping in mind, this was going on at 7:00 "A" "M" I was ridiculously relieved it was him and not me. However....

7:15a - Mina: "Mommy, Dad made waffles and gave me too much. I can't eat all of it."
Me : "That's ok Baby, eat what you can and leave the rest."

7:16a - Michael: "Mommy, I'm not brushing my hair this morning, it's Saturday. I want to just wear a hat."
Me: "Fine!"

7:22a - Michael: "Hey, where is my Hershey sweat shirt?"
Me : " I don't know, did we get it home last night from Zack's?"
Michael : "Oh, no I didn't."
Me: "Well, just wear your football one."

7:30a - Mina: "Mommy, my play shoes have something inside that feels weird on my foot. Can I wear my school ones....I just can't fine anything else."
Me: "OMGOSH!! I don't care if you wear your ballet slippers, get out!"

7: 34a - Michael: "Mommy, can I have a piece of gum?"
Me: "Are you kidding me, where is your Father?"
Michael: "He's in the kitchen."
Me: "For cryin' out loud, ask Daddy would you please!"
Michael: "We never ask Daddy anything though"
Me: giggle "Well, start and stay out!!"

8:00a - Out of bed. Ahhh, a full twenty minutes of peaceful bliss. I take a long hot shower, shave.....In peace. I get my self together and then I hear it. Nothing!! They're gone, all of them, whew! I head down the hall and into the kitchen to where an obvious bomb had dropped an hour earlier.

At that point I didn't care. Daddy had them and they were out. I didn't even call to find out where they were......I was alone and didn't want the moment ruined by hearing, "We'll be there is 5 minutes!"

7 Comments:

Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Whoo-hoo, listen to the sound of silence. Hope it lasted longer than 5 minutes, and you were able to enjoy the freedom for awhile.
Take care, Meow

7:20 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Silence in your own house? How much longer do I have to wait for that to happen? I hope you enjoyed it for a while!

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL too funny this is pretty much the way it goes if Prince Charming should ever happen to get up before me.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I'm so in touch with this feeling. Sometimes it's like 'get out, I don't care if you go play in the street!'

8:31 AM  
Blogger Aisha said...

LOL That actually made me laugh out loud. I was the same way with my mom. Dad didnt complain too much :)

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you got enjoy many more moments of "free" time!
I always find it funny how my kids will ask me for something too, even when their dad is the more obvious pick (at least to me anyways!)

9:38 AM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

Tell me it isn't so! I have never actually SEEN Honey get out of bed on a weekend before. And I've sat at the door WAITING for him to get up - it's just never happened. If I were you, I would have snuck to the kitchen just to get a picture of him actually cooking something. On a weekend. For the kids. How come he never makes US breakfast when I'm there??? lol

In fact, I don't think I've ever seen you HAVE a moment in an empty, quiet house. I'll forgive you for not calling me in that moment - I know you were enjoying the blue moon.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter