Monday, December 11, 2006

At last, the TRUTH!!

I'm very confident in my ability of knowing my way around the rooms of my house, that includes the kitchen. I love to cook and I myself, like to think I'm not to bad......I'd be willing to cook for anyone!

Gravy. No, not the brown stuff you find on mashed potatoes, the red stuff you fine on macaroni. That is how we refer to spaghetti sauce being from the North. So today being Sunday I made a pot of gravy. Quite naturally, Honey is in and out all day swiping bread for dipping and leaving with moans of approval and.........

Honey: "Baby, that is good!"

Me: "I'm glad!" (smile and a wink)

Honey: Man, I'm tellin' ya....you make some good gravy."

Me: "Yeah, I think it's pretty good."

Honey: "You know, when Mom was here for Thanksgiving.....I told her you made great gravy."

Me: "And?!" (laughing)

Honey: "She started in with a bunch of sh!t!"

Me: "Did we expect anything else?"

Honey: "No! But I told her...."Believe what you have to but her gravy rocks!!""

Me: "Did you really? That is too funny."

Honey: "Yeah!! I'm tellin' ya Babe, your gravy is the best!!"

Me: "Well thank you Honey, I love that you love it!"

Not that I'm at all too concerned with what she thinks about my cooking, or anything else for that matter. I have taken exceptional care of her son in every room of our house for the last sixteen years. But, it is nice to know she got an ear full about how great I am in the kitchen, especially when it comes to gravy. ;)

13 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

I wish you could send some gravy via your blog!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MILs . . . don't even get me started! :)

8:11 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I am with Marel...I was about to say something about my MIL but worried that I wouldn't be abale to stop! ;)

5:11 AM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

For many years it was assumed by my oldest sister that I could not cook. One Thanksgiving she assigned me a can of beans...and then become upset when I heated said beans in the microwave in too much of the bean water. Sigh.

She doesn't think I can't cook anymore. I blew her away with alfredo sauce.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo- good for you! And good for your hubby for sticking up for you!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Your hubby sounds like the best.
Mmmm, the sound of your gravy is making me drool ... yummy !!
Hope your week is going well.
Take care, Meow

9:46 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

Wait til she hears how great you are in the "other" rooms!
Mama Mia!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

LOL :)

Three cheers for husbands who stand up for their wives!!! :)

7:59 AM  
Blogger Real Live Lesbian said...

Ten years and I've never had your gravy??? I'm just figuring that out!

I have had tons of other stuff that you cook and every bit of it is phenomenal!!'

And yay for Honey for stickin' up for ya! That's the best!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

That is great that hubby stood up for you- he deserves to be taken care of! :)

6:14 PM  
Blogger hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Don't you love that! It's always nice to one up an in-law.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that he was bragging about your Gravy!! Very cool!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

My MIL was here over the weekend - nuff said...nothing was like she makes, or my FIL mother's....

I love that he was bragging about your Gravy!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter