Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Gosh, what color would I be?!

Color coded behavior. That's how the teachers let parents know what kind of day was had. Blue=best, Green=fair, Yellow=poor and Red=a call home. Today, both Michael and Mina came home with a green, for the very same reason, talking! I smile to myself, and ask in a tone that was serious but certainly not mad, "What do we have to do better about?" Their response in unison, "Not talking when we should be listening." I kissed them both and agreed!

Me! How could I possibly be upset? They are my kids! Me, the one that has been accused of being able to talk to a wooden man by my husband. The one that knows nearly every single employee, in every department at the supermaket. Or, goes in to pickup Chinese takeout that isn't quiet ready and comes out with a mans life story. Really! I came out and handed Honey a business card. He looks at it puzzled and asked me what it was for. I said it was from a guy inside....He has a painting company. He's originally from Michigan but now lives here in town with his parents. He and his wife are divorced but gets his kids on the weekends, that's why he's living with his parents. He's been here for a couple years and is in the process of buying another house, he should be closing in a few weeks.

Honey is staring at me without blinking and mouth open has I rattle off this information. When I finally finish he says, "MAN!! You were in there for seven and a half minutes and you came out with all that and a card?" I started laughing and said "Sure! Why not, it's better than just standing there!" Honey shakes his head and rolls is eyes but has to laugh and says, "Babe, you are unbelievable!!"

So see? How could I be upset with the two nuts that clearly have not rolled far from the bush?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

You are a good understanding mom. They may make a career out of talking someday. Those teachers... I was always in trouble for doodling!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

I alwyas have a class of talkers. One year I had a class of quiet children and it kind of unnerved me!!! One time my principal came in and was frustrated with me for not telling them to stop talking. BUT I had an agreement with my students. They had to listen when I taught them, but when they worked and did other things as long as they whispered it was fine. Ofcourse I always had a watchful eye for cheating. And ofcourse there were times they had to work quietly. But at the end of the day kids are kids you know. Some teachers force kids to be silent way too much. And they learn from one another too so talking is important :)

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee...my mother is the same way, but I tend to take after my dad who is rather quiet until you get him started talking and then he'll talk your ear off...

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter