Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thank GOD for selfsufficient children!

Since the day after Christmas, my kids have sustained life all by themselves. Well, during the day anyway. I don't know what happened. I went to bed not feeling great and woke the next morning, barely in the land of the living.

It was 8 days of 103 plus temp., chilling sweats, ears that make me feel like I'm in the abyss and a sinus infection that produced I don't even now what but there was blood involved. But alas, today I think I feel better. Not by any means good but better. Meaning, I'm in an upright position and dressed in a way that would allow me to actually leave the house.

During this entire ordeal, my children dressed and took care of their hygiene alone, fed themselves every meal (I have no idea what it was, but they are still alive), entertained and took care of each other and me. Then Honey comes home, cooks dinners, does dishes, folds and puts away laundry he washed the night before, scrubbed bathrooms and kids, stripped beds and ours several times, entertained the kids and did tuck-ins.

Today I actually made it into other rooms of the house and things are still in one piece. I even got to the kitchen, my room. I opened the dishwasher and laughed hysterically. I think Honey stood in the front lawn and threw the dishes in from an open window. It made me afraid to open the cabinets and lets just say it will be some time before I find everything again. However, I could care less, he did good. I shutter to think what it could have been like for the past 8 days.

I did, in one of my very few semi-coherent states hear Honey tell Michael....."Man Buddy, Mommy does a lot!" Let me tell you, although it was nice to hear.....It was SO not worth being so sick for that long. :(

Because I've spent so much time in a horizontal position, tonight I think I'll be sleeping standing up.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have been so well taken care of...but man- I hope you get to feeling' 100% again soon. I can't stand being sick!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Yikes!
I was wondering where you went!
I am so sorry to hear that you were so sick and for so LONG!
Glad you are better adn that your kids proved themselves!

4:59 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yeah kids & Honey! Sorry you were so sick and hope you are feeling better!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Ooh, sorry about that! Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. And how great that your household made it without you for a little while, at least.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Yay to your family for doing it all in your absence. Hope you eventually find everything again.
Boo to you feeling so crappy for so long. Hope you are 100% again now.
Take care, hugs, Meow

3:50 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

A big Wooo HOOO to your hubby and kids! I am so glad that they stepped up to the plate and kept the house running.

I wish you weren't sick though - that's just miserable - hope you continue to feel better!

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/care_less.html

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter